Author Topic: VIDEO: Good Samaritan puts man attacking two female officers in choke hold (45 secs)  (Read 4404 times)

Offline endicom

LEO Affairs
Sara Nealeigh
May 9, 2017

May 09–A group of Good Samaritans helped two Tampa police officers restrain a man who was resisting arrest, and it was caught on video.

Surveillance video obtained by ABC showed two officers struggling to get a man in handcuffs at a bus station, and the man shoving the two officers to the ground.

That is, until a man comes up and puts the suspect in a bear hug. He also gets help from three other men who saw the incident unfold.

More...http://www.leoaffairs.com/featured/video-good-samaritan-puts-man-attacking-two-female-officers-choke-hold/

Definitely not the Hollywood version.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
From the story:

"But shortly after they came to the officer’s aid, one man — a Hillsborough Area Regional Transit (HART) employee — was investigated for his actions by his employers, according to ABC Action News.

Tim Martin, a HART transit supervisor who helped the officers, got a letter from his employers saying he was under investigation and could be disciplined for a “communication gap,” according to ABC Action News."

No good deed, etc.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Thank you. Then it's totally good news.  ^-^
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline endicom

Online roamer_1

That is, until a man comes up [...]

Nuff said.

Offline RoosGirl

Nuff said.

Agreed.  If I'm ever in the situation of needing a cop, fireman, EMT, etc. I *want* it to be a physically fit man. 

Online roamer_1

Agreed.  If I'm ever in the situation of needing a cop, fireman, EMT, etc. I *want* it to be a physically fit man.

@RoosGirl
Well, hiya Roosgirl! LTNS!!!
Have you been gone, or have we been haunting opposite ends of this place?

Great to see you. And you're right of course... I am 6'3" 275lbs at my fighting weight, and no 130 pound girl is gonna drag my butt out of a burning building. Heck, it would take two or three like me, and fairly determined too, to get the job done.

Some things the ladies are better at... some things men. It ain't hard to imagine.

Wingnut

Offline RoosGirl

@RoosGirl

Great to see you. And you're right of course... I am 6'3" 275lbs at my fighting weight, and no 130 pound girl is gonna drag my butt out of a burning building. Heck, it would take two or three like me, and fairly determined too, to get the job done.

Some things the ladies are better at... some things men. It ain't hard to imagine.

I haven't really been gone.  I have needed a break after the election.  But, I've been mostly just reading and not commenting except here and there. :)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@RoosGirl

I've seen her around, so you must be running with the wrong crowd or something.   :bolt:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

I haven't really been gone.  I have needed a break after the election.  But, I've been mostly just reading and not commenting except here and there. :)

I understand. but I have missed the sound of your voice, as it were :)

Online roamer_1

I've seen her around, so you must be running with the wrong crowd or something.   :bolt:

Hmm... could be... after all, I have been talking to you a lot lately!

****slapping

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Hmm... could be... after all, I have been talking to you a lot lately!

****slapping

888high58888
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RoosGirl

I understand. but I have missed the sound of your voice, as it were :)

Well thank you, that's very sweet of you.