Author Topic: Lavrov comes to Washington seeking US support on Syria  (Read 386 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Lavrov comes to Washington seeking US support on Syria
« on: May 09, 2017, 02:20:28 am »
Lavrov comes to Washington seeking US support on Syria
 JOYCE KARAM | Published — Tuesday 9 May 2017

WASHINGTON DC: In his first visit to Washington since 2013, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov is expected to meet US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson Tuesday to mainly discuss the Syrian war and seek support for Russia’s plan attempting to de-escalate the conflict.

While the initial location for the Tillerson-Lavrov meeting was planned for Alaska on the margins of the “Arctic Council Ministerial” summit, it was moved to Washington as per the US State Department announcement.

Continued: http://www.arabnews.com/node/1096711/world

So, basically, we've seemed to have made up with them - in my opinion, just like tensions have been eased at least 2 times between Russian and Turkey.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Lavrov comes to Washington seeking US support on Syria
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 04:51:44 pm »
Lavrov may be an ex-Soviet stooge or agent just like his boss for all that I know; but he comes across sincere and earnest and really, like a good guy.  He's likely a solid loyalist to the government.

Trump: Talks with Russia’s Lavrov on Syria ‘very, very good’
https://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/world/2017/05/10/Tillerson-meets-with-Russian-foreign-minister.html

geronl

Re: Lavrov comes to Washington seeking US support on Syria
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 05:11:41 pm »
Lavrov may be an ex-Soviet stooge or agent just like his boss for all that I know; but he comes across sincere and earnest and really, like a good guy.  He's likely a solid loyalist to the government.

He would not be working for Putin if he was not a loyal dog, he'd be blue and/or in prison