Author Topic: Fact Check: It's a Lie That the GOP Healthcare Bill Abandons People With Pre-Existing Conditions  (Read 357 times)

rangerrebew

Fact Check: It's a Lie That the GOP Healthcare Bill Abandons People With Pre-Existing Conditions
Guy Benson

|
Posted: May 05, 2017 2:45 PM

As we described yesterday, there are some concerning policy elements of the House-passed American Health Care Act, which the Senate would be wise to explore and rectify over the coming weeks. The bill -- and that's all it is at this point: a work in progress -- repeals and alters significant portions of the Democratic Party's failing experiment in "affordability."  But based on rhetoric from elected Democrats and the Left generally, one might assume that Obamacare was called the "Pre-existing Conditions Coverage Act" (side-stepping the whole "choice and affordability" fairy tale they peddled), and that the Republican bill obliterates those protections. The proposed law would be a "death warrant" for sick women and children, they shriek, casting Obamacare opponents as the moral equivalent of accessories to murder. This is demagogic, hyperbolic, inaccurate nonsense. To review the actual facts, even under an exceedingly unlikely scenario in which the Senate passed the House bill without making a single alteration, people with pre-existing conditions are offered several layers of protection:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2017/05/05/the-left-cant-stop-lying-about-republicans-healthcare-bill-n2322786?utm_source=TopBreakingNewsCarousel&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=BreakingNewsCarousel
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 11:00:19 am by rangerrebew »

geronl

"Repeal" is also a lie

Offline mirraflake

Bogus article. I work for health Insurance companies.

HI companies are going to be allowed to go back to their old pooling method.  Pool #1 is for people who have very little claims-their premium stays low Pool 5 will be for chronic health conditions and their premiums will go sky high so the people cannot afford them and drop coverage.

I am already getting this from HI groups I belong to-trade groups. They do not like the new plan.