Author Topic: Illinois Senate votes for 'TRUST' with immigrant community  (Read 455 times)

rangerrebew

Illinois Senate votes for 'TRUST' with immigrant community
Associated Press
May 4, 2017 — 7:35pm

SPRINGFIELD, Ill. — Illinois Senate President John Cullerton's plan to protect undocumented immigrants from what proponents consider federal harassment has won approval.

The Democratic-controlled Senate voted 31-21 Thursday to approve the "TRUST Act." It prohibits local or state police from cooperating with federal authorities who are investigating immigrants but do not have a criminal warrant.

http://www.startribune.com/illinois-senate-votes-for-trust-with-immigrant-community/421398883/
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 11:25:10 am by rangerrebew »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Illinois Senate votes for 'TRUST' with immigrant community
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 11:51:28 am »
Expected nothing less from Taxinois
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 04:37:51 pm »
Expected nothing less from Taxinois

They'll trust illegal immigrants but not citizens with guns.  Makes sense to me. :thud:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 01:55:58 am »
Article:
"SPRINGFIELD, Ill. — Illinois Senate President John Cullerton's plan to protect undocumented immigrants from what proponents consider federal harassment has won approval."

What it will take to coerce cooperation from recalcitrant state legislatures such as that in Illinois:
Federal agents (supported by federal troops if necessary), rolling into Springfield and taking John Cullerton into custody.

Cut off their funds?
You must be kidding me!