Author Topic: 63% of men think women mainly wear makeup to trick people into thinking they're attractive  (Read 2244 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The majority of women feel the media holds them to unrealistic beauty standards

Makeup shamers, as beauty guru NikkieTutorials recently explained in a YouTube video, are those who try to make others feel guilty or inferior for enjoying cosmetics –  they believe women wear makeup because they are too insecure not to or are just thirsty for the male gaze.

New YouGov data suggests that makeup shaming may be just as prevalent as NikkieTutorials reports. The majority of US adults (55%) feel that women mainly wear makeup in order to trick people into thinking they’re more attractive – specifically, 63% of men feel this way. Similarly, 43% of Americans agree that women wear too much makeup

more
https://today.yougov.com/news/2017/05/01/makeup/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

63% of men wear sweatpants to funerals.

Offline mirraflake

My 55 year old wife wears zero makeup and never has. No red or dark spots or blotches and as yet no wrinkles.  She is Italian Mediterarian genes -olive skin color.
Probably mostly genetic  her mom was the same way. her mom at age 90 had the face of a 60 year old.

People ask what do you do to keep you skin so nice whenever we are out and about. She was never a sunbather and never smoked.

I'm also 100% convinced makeup damages your skin over the years. Flame away but I think it is true.

Would my wife look better with makeup? Sure she would but not enough to make a difference.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 03:47:26 pm by mirraflake »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Don't really matter what men think.

Women wear makeup (or not) mostly for themselves.

End of - you just have to roll with it.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

geronl

makeup shaming?

lol

Just because most women look better with very little makeup isn't shaming

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Don't really matter what men think.

Women wear makeup (or not) mostly for themselves.

End of - you just have to roll with it.

They wear it for other women who are much harder on them then most men.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
If the house needs painting, paint it.

Offline roamer_1

I think that makeup, for the most part, becomes counter-productive with heavy use.
The women I am attracted to might wear a touch, maybe paint their eyes and a bit of lip gloss... but that's about it...

But when they do get made up, it's a knockout punch... I am left literally breathless!

If they did that every day, it would lose it's effect (as I would become accustomed), and rather, become a heavy stone, as their very best look becomes a standard to which they must adhere, or look sickly by comparison.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
So, by this logic - that makeup can make women appear attractive - then there would be no unattractive women.  Right?

Offline musiclady

So, by this logic - that makeup can make women appear attractive - then there would be no unattractive women.  Right?

That's the logical conclusion here.

Making it a stupid study, in my view.  ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I NEVER leave the house without make-up... :whistle:

My younger sister used to work for Chanel and Bobbie Brown so I have tons of make-up...lol
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 09:35:12 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline ABX

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

WOW what a difference when Hillary wears make-up...
Support the USO

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

WOW what a difference when Hillary wears make-up...

I think she looks better without it.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Sad but true.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Well let's ask Bette Midler.

Oh I'm sorry Mr Snyder.  :silly:

Silver Pines

My 55 year old wife wears zero makeup and never has. No red or dark spots or blotches and as yet no wrinkles.  She is Italian Mediterarian genes -olive skin color.
Probably mostly genetic  her mom was the same way. her mom at age 90 had the face of a 60 year old.

People ask what do you do to keep you skin so nice whenever we are out and about. She was never a sunbather and never smoked.

I'm also 100% convinced makeup damages your skin over the years. Flame away but I think it is true.

Would my wife look better with makeup? Sure she would but not enough to make a difference.

@mirraflake

I love makeup, but you're right---tanning and smoking age the skin quite a bit.  I've never done either. 

Silver Pines

makeup shaming?

lol

Just because most women look better with very little makeup isn't shaming

@geronl

Oh, sure, I've seen it before.  Back when I used to post on the old AOL women's message boards, some of us would discuss makeup, and there were some who tried to put on some kind of superior act, bragging that they'd never used makeup because they had naturally flawless skin, etc. 

Sure, sister, tell me another one.  There are few women who don't look better with the proper application of makeup.

Silver Pines

I NEVER leave the house without make-up... :whistle:

My younger sister used to work for Chanel and Bobbie Brown so I have tons of make-up...lol

@mystery-ak

888high58888

Offline ABX

Well let's ask Bette Midler.

Oh I'm sorry Mr Snyder.  :silly:

Classic Baptist Avon saleswoman look.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sure, sister, tell me another one.  There are few women who don't look better with the proper application of makeup.

@CatherineofAragon ..that's for damn sure..
Support the USO

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon ..that's for damn sure..

@mystery-ak

Ever seen those pictures of Hollywood actresses without makeup?  Sheesh

Offline musiclady

For me, the secret is to wear enough make up to look better without wearing enough to make it look like you're wearing it.  ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
63% of men wear sweatpants to funerals.
Who cares, if the box is closed?

Or did you mean other people's funerals?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis