Author Topic: Warriors preferred the Clippers: 'There's no nightlife in Utah'  (Read 687 times)

Offline corbe

Warriors preferred the Clippers: 'There's no nightlife in Utah'

5:38 PM CT

Chris Haynes
ESPN Staff Writer

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19287923/golden-state-warriors-preferred-play-los-angeles-clippers-next-part-enjoy-la-nightlife

OAKLAND, Calif. -- It's safe to say that the Golden State Warriors were pulling for the LA Clippers to advance past the Utah Jazz in the first round of the Western Conference playoffs.

Their rooting interest, however, had nothing to do with matchups on the basketball court. Rather, it had everything to do with where they will spend their leisure hours when the second-round series shifts to Games 3 and 4.

Which do they prefer: The nightlife of Salt Lake City, or Los Angeles?

"No comparison. There's no such thing, man," Warriors' forward Matt Barnes told ESPN. "There's no nightlife in Utah. Obviously, as players, you want to be able to have a little bit of a nightlife, but the main focus is winning games. Me personally, I want to get out there because I want to beat the Clippers. That's my former team, and my kids are out there. But as far as nightlife, there's no comparison to nightlife in Utah and L.A."

SNIP
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Warriors preferred the Clippers: 'There's no nightlife in Utah'
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 04:06:52 pm »
Reason #1452 why I want anyone but GSW to win the championship.  Heck, I want them to lose it more than I want the Cavs to win it.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 08:13:57 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline goatprairie

Re: Warriors preferred the Clippers: 'There's no nightlife in Utah'
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 06:08:50 pm »

Warriors preferred the Clippers: 'There's no nightlife in Utah'

5:38 PM CT

Chris Haynes
ESPN Staff Writer

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19287923/golden-state-warriors-preferred-play-los-angeles-clippers-next-part-enjoy-la-nightlife

OAKLAND, Calif. -- It's safe to say that the Golden State Warriors were pulling for the LA Clippers to advance past the Utah Jazz in the first round of the Western Conference playoffs.

Their rooting interest, however, had nothing to do with matchups on the basketball court. Rather, it had everything to do with where they will spend their leisure hours when the second-round series shifts to Games 3 and 4.

Which do they prefer: The nightlife of Salt Lake City, or Los Angeles?

"No comparison. There's no such thing, man," Warriors' forward Matt Barnes told ESPN. "There's no nightlife in Utah. Obviously, as players, you want to be able to have a little bit of a nightlife, but the main focus is winning games. Me personally, I want to get out there because I want to beat the Clippers. That's my former team, and my kids are out there. But as far as nightlife, there's no comparison to nightlife in Utah and L.A."

SNIP
Like Cleveland is a great place to have a good time. This is a ridiculous non-story. If you're a player on a team in the playoffs, who cares about the nightlife unless you're a thug like Barnes who's constantly looking for trouble?