Author Topic: 20 Hispanic workers at Macomb County plant fired over protest  (Read 830 times)

rangerrebew

20 Hispanic workers at Macomb County plant fired over protest

Niraj Warikoo , Detroit Free Press Published 10:04 p.m. ET April 30, 2017

More than 20 Hispanic immigrant workers at an industrial plant in Macomb County say they were fired after they took part in the Day Without Immigrants protests in February.

And now, they are challenging their firings in a charge filed with the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), saying they were unjustly fired by EZ Industrial Solutions in Chesterfield Township for taking part in a political protest. EZ Industrial Solutions said it acted appropriately.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...est/100996680/

Offline Mom MD

Re: 20 Hispanic workers at Macomb County plant fired over protest
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 12:34:44 pm »
The link doesn'r work.  However, I have no sympathy here.  If I chose not to show up for work to attend a protest, I would be fired and justly so.  Welcome to the real world!
God is still in control

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: 20 Hispanic workers at Macomb County plant fired over protest
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 12:50:51 pm »
I'd love to see more attention given to temp services in regards to illegal immigration. They've become little more than illegal immigration facilitators. They make a killing by paying the illegals minimum wage while collecting 3 or 4 bucks per employee hour themselves.

The last factory I worked in opened a temp service in 3 or 4 empty offices right there in the corporate HQ. They then proceeded to hire about 300 illegals  while slashing work hours to under 40 for long time employees. People just a few years from retirement were forced to walk away because they suddenly couldn't support themselves on the $12 to $15 per hour they had been making at 40 to 60 hours per week. After the place was drained of resources and closed down I ran into my former production manager and she told me that the "temp service" had been making almost $10,000 per shift off the illegals.