Author Topic: America’s Security Clearance System Is Broken, Former Spy Chief Clapper Says  (Read 624 times)

rangerrebew

America’s Security Clearance System Is Broken, Former Spy Chief Clapper Says

By Joseph Marks Senior Correspondent, Nextgov Read bio

April 27, 2017

The problem won't be easy to fix, but it could benefit from better employee monitoring and 'some very aggressive creative and sensitive education.'

The government’s failure thus far to fix long delays and dangerous imprecision in the government’s security clearance and vetting system is one of James Clapper’s greatest regrets from his time in office, the former Director of National Intelligence said Wednesday.

http://www.defenseone.com/technology/2017/04/americas-security-clearance-system-broken-former-spy-chief-clapper-says/137379/?oref=d_brief_nl
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 02:23:58 pm by rangerrebew »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
America’s Security Clearance System Is Broken

That has been patently obvious to anyone who knows how those things are supposed to work for quite some time now!  Giving clearances to people like Barack Obama and Valarie Jarrett didn't help matters either!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 02:58:59 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Isn't Clapper one of the breakers of the system?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Isn't Clapper one of the breakers of the system?

Of course he is! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien