Author Topic: Trump won’t focus on deporting illegal farm workers, says AG secretary  (Read 2089 times)

rangerrebew

Trump won’t focus on deporting illegal farm workers, says AG secretary
April 30, 2017 | BPR Wire | Print Article   

President Donald Trump will not focus on deporting farm workers, even if they are illegal, according to the new Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue.

Screenshot of migrant workers bring in the harvest

Agriculture groups have expressed concern that Trump’s immigration policies could cause food prices to rise and threaten the stability of farms. Perdue, who took office Tuesday, suggested that the president is open to helping farmers protect their immigrant labor force during a speech at the Agricultural Business Council of Kansas City, radio station KCUR reports.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/04/30/trump-wont-focus-deporting-illegal-farm-workers-says-ag-secretary-482362
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 02:02:07 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline skeeter

Illegal agricultural farm workers make up about 2% of the illegal immigrant population.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Illegal agricultural farm workers make up about 2% of the illegal immigrant population.

I was going to make that point.  Less and less each year.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
But his rally last night was just so exciting!

LOCK HER UP!
LOCK HER UP!
LOCK HER UP!
LOCK HER UP!

*****rollingeyes*****

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
But his rally last night was just so exciting!

LOCK HER UP!
LOCK HER UP!
LOCK HER UP!
LOCK HER UP!

*****rollingeyes*****

Ann Coulter? That horse has left the barn.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cripplecreek

Ann Coulter? That horse has left the barn.

Ann was happy on election night.

Offline DB

Overall maybe but some states have many more. In addition they bring their families and put them in our public schools. The average cost per child in California is $10,000. So the illegal migrant the brings three children cost the rest of us $30,000 a year while that migrant's taxes are nearly zip to offset that. And those are just the public school costs. Then there's public assistance, health care and law enforcement that they disproportionately use. And the idiots here vote for more of that...

Offline DB

And just one more point...

So we're back to the executive branch picking which laws and which people to enforce them on. Yet Trump insists that sanctuary cities follow federal law and not pick and choose which ones to enforce... Just a little hypocrisy there don't you think...

Tell me again how Trump was going to be the law and order guy instead of the tyrant that decides which laws apply to whom like the guy before him did?

This is not a constitutional republic that is governed by law anymore.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 10:22:29 pm by DB »

geronl

Some illegals are more illegal than others I suppose.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I believe Trump is being pragmatic and intelligent.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DB

I believe Trump is being pragmatic and intelligent.

So damn the law then...

geronl

So damn the law then...

exactly. Trump and Obama are essentially more alike than different, they're just different sides of the coin.

Offline Cripplecreek

So damn the law then...

I'm betting he'll be "pragmatic" about illegal alien factory workers and construction workers as well.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Get rid of them all and let prices adjust, and let Americans see how much things really cost now.
The Republic is lost.

Offline truth_seeker

So damn the law then...
Tell me which trained resources you would redeploy, to catch and deport the ag workers, instead of what they are currently tasked to do?

Would you use the ones currently going after violent criminal aliens?

You do realize there are a finite, limited number of resources, right?

Offline DB

Tell me which trained resources you would redeploy, to catch and deport the ag workers, instead of what they are currently tasked to do?

It is actually pretty ef'en simple. When an illegal comes into contact with law enforcement they get deported. No favoritism on whether they are a farm worker, roofer or gang banger. They are not legally here. Follow the law. Period.

Offline truth_seeker

It is actually pretty ef'en simple. When an illegal comes into contact with law enforcement they get deported. No favoritism on whether they are a farm worker, roofer or gang banger. They are not legally here. Follow the law. Period.

My wife is pure blooded Italian, California born. Should the officer question her birthplace, ask for her papers, beyond a driver's license due to her appearance?

"Hey lady, you look like them damn 'wetbacks' we got around here. Show me your birth certificate." That there black hair you have is probable cause."

"Officer, I was born in California, like my father. He served in combat in WWII."

"Lady I have heard stories like that before. Don't give me no back talk. Just hand over your papers."

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
My wife is pure blooded Italian, California born. Should the officer question her birthplace, ask for her papers, beyond a driver's license due to her appearance?

"Hey lady, you look like them damn 'wetbacks' we got around here. Show me your birth certificate." That there black hair you have is probable cause."

"Officer, I was born in California, like my father. He served in combat in WWII."

"Lady I have heard stories like that before. Don't give me no back talk. Just hand over your papers."

Has that happened? She hang out where she is likely to get netted in an ICE raid? Is she such a crappy driver she gets pulled over often?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 12:16:10 am by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Victoria33

I heard a man in California who uses illegals to pick his crops, say he wants to keep his illegal pickers or his crop won't get picked.  I thought the law says men who hire illegals go to jail. Yet he was on TV wanting to keep his illegals.   I agree with the person on this thread who said some illegals are more illegal than others.  Trump used foreign workers brought in to work at his Florida place.  It's all a scam.

Offline truth_seeker

She hang out where she is likely to get netted in an ICE raid?

You mean like a fast food outlet?

Construction site next door?

Where gardening and landscaping are performed, like everywhere?

This is freaking California, and 37% of our residents identify as Hispanic, in case you weren't paying attention.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I would put soon-to-be-ex-IRS-employees to going after illegal aliens.

geronl

I'm betting he'll be "pragmatic" about illegal alien factory workers and construction workers as well.

The same people cheering for a national deportation force will now be okay with this because it's Trump. There is nothing he can do to change their minds.

geronl

This is freaking California, and 37% of our residents identify as Hispanic, in case you weren't paying attention.

Hispanic does not mean illegal. It's not hard to make employers verify someone's legal right to work here.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I would put soon-to-be-ex-IRS-employees to going after illegal aliens.

That is pretty harsh. I like it.

Offline DB

What part of "When an illegal comes into contact with law enforcement they get deported." didn't make sense to you? I didn't say anything about going out and actively looking for them. I said when they come in contact with law enforcement which many do. Today we have these things called databases and can look up people's ID and see a lot about them when they make contact with law enforcement. Such as when they are pulled over while driving. You already have to provide papers while driving when you get pulled over or has that escaped you? Try telling law enforcement you don't have a license and/or registration... Illegals get caught doing all kinds of crime - often making contact with law enforcement in the process.

You know exactly what I'm saying. No need to make up stuff.

No preferential treatment for some illegals verses others. Enforce the damn law. Don't make a mockery of it where the king gets to pick and choose who the law applies to.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 03:03:17 am by DB »