Author Topic: Trump won’t focus on deporting illegal farm workers, says AG secretary  (Read 2090 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
What part of "When an illegal comes into contact with law enforcement they get deported." didn't make sense to you? I didn't say anything about going out and actively looking for them. I said when they come in contact with law enforcement which many do. Today we have these things called databases and can look up people's ID and see a lot about them when they make contact with law enforcement. Such as when they are pulled over while driving. You already have to provide papers while driving when you get pulled over or has that escaped you? Try telling law enforcement you don't have a license and/or registration... Illegals get caught doing all kinds of crime - often making contact with law enforcement in the process.

You know exactly what I'm saying. No need to make up stuff.

No preferential treatment for some illegals verses others. Enforce the damn law. Don't make a mockery of it where the king gets to pick and choose who the law applies to.

I have no problem with "enforce the damn law," however in the real world decisions are made about priorities, since resources are finite and limited.

The real world is not a consideration, regarding internet chats though.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DB

I have no problem with "enforce the damn law," however in the real world decisions are made about priorities, since resources are finite and limited.

The real world is not a consideration, regarding internet chats though.

When an illegal becomes known to law enforcement it doesn't take massive resources to deport them. Only the will to do it. Again, I said nothing about seeking them out which does take substantial resources.

Oceander

Told ya so

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
When an illegal becomes known to law enforcement it doesn't take massive resources to deport them. Only the will to do it. Again, I said nothing about seeking them out which does take substantial resources.

There is no better deterrent to illegal border crossers than knowing there is no work and that they will be deported.

They may not have much in Mexico but what is the point of leaving it to come here knowing they will only be deported to Mexico and end up with even less than when they started.

Oceander

There is no better deterrent to illegal border crossers than knowing there is no work and that they will be deported.

They may not have much in Mexico but what is the point of leaving it to come here knowing they will only be deported to Mexico and end up with even less than when they started.

The work is simply off the books, as it has been for time immemorial.  Unskilled construction and landscaping are two obvious areas where cash is king. 

Want to cut down on this type of work?  Get rid of cash and go to a payment-card-only economy.