Author Topic: Long-term fate of tropical forests may not be as dire as believed, says study  (Read 834 times)

rangerrebew

Long-term fate of tropical forests may not be as dire as believed, says study

Date:
    April 28, 2017
Source:
    University of Colorado at Boulder
Summary:
    Conventional wisdom has held that tropical forest growth will dramatically slow with high levels of rainfall. But researchers turned that assumption on its head with an unprecedented review of data from 150 forests that concluded just the opposite.
Share:

FULL STORY

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/04/170428154550.htm
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 01:03:48 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Not as dire as may be BELIEVED? NO!!  Not as dire as the false story being pushed by Saint Algore, The Holy Gorites, and the media. :headbang:

Oceander

Very interesting article, and essentially turns most of the accepted climate change religion on its head.   

Offline Suppressed

Very interesting article, and essentially turns most of the accepted climate change religion on its head.

Especially from University of Colorado at Boulder.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
You mean plants grow better in warm and wet conditions? Who would ever have suspected that?  Outside of anyone who ever lived in the country, I mean...
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
A few years back I was watching a PBS science show on how the dust from the Sahara fuels the jungle in the Amazon. Problem is that 5000 years ago the Sahara wasn't a desert, and apparently the Amazon wasn't so nearly jungle like.

Fairly obvious things aren't as fragile or dire as they seem, but adapt to current conditions.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
From the article:
"Conventional wisdom has held that tropical forest growth will dramatically slow with high levels of rainfall."

Hmmmm.

Isn't some of the forest in the Northern Hemisphere that most closely resembles "tropical" (even though it's not, technically, but in terms of dense growth) that of western Washington state and western British Columbia?

What's the weather like there?

(Corrections welcomed)