Author Topic: Texas House Passes Sanctuary City Ban With Stiff Penalty for Public Officials. Texas has come down on the federal government’s side in the sanctuary city debate.  (Read 658 times)

rangerrebew

Texas House Passes Sanctuary City Ban With Stiff Penalty for Public Officials
Texas has come down on the federal government’s side in the sanctuary city debate.

By Will Racke Published on April 28, 2017 • 4 Comments

The Texas House of Representatives passed a bill Thursday that places a statewide ban on sanctuary cities and allows state officials to jail police chiefs and sheriffs who refuse to cooperate with federal immigration authorities.

The measure also lets police officers inquire about the immigration status of anyone they detain or arrest including the subjects of traffic stops.

https://stream.org/texas-house-passes-sanctuary-city-ban-stiff-penalty-public-officials/
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 12:02:46 pm by rangerrebew »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

geronl

except the feds don't consider travis county/austin a sanctuary city for some reason

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
except the feds don't consider travis county/austin a sanctuary city for some reason

Too great a horror to be faced?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley