Author Topic: California Is Seceding from the Constitution  (Read 407 times)

rangerrebew

California Is Seceding from the Constitution
« on: April 30, 2017, 11:48:15 am »

by David French April 27, 2017 4:37 PM 

Is there no end to the harm progressives will do our republic in the name of ‘social justice’? Forget the ludicrous #Calexit movement — why should a state bother seceding when it can simply nullify the portions of the Constitution it doesn’t like? A troubling trend is emerging: California is imposing its own vision of free speech, freedom of association, and freedom of the press on its citizens, and it’s daring the courts to stop it.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/447149/california-constitution-citizens-rights-systematically-violated

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Re: California Is Seceding from the Constitution
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 07:03:01 pm »

by David French April 27, 2017 4:37 PM 

Is there no end to the harm progressives will do our republic in the name of ‘social justice’? Forget the ludicrous #Calexit movement — why should a state bother seceding when it can simply nullify the portions of the Constitution it doesn’t like? A troubling trend is emerging: California is imposing its own vision of free speech, freedom of association, and freedom of the press on its citizens, and it’s daring the courts to stop it.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/447149/california-constitution-citizens-rights-systematically-violated

Article IV, Section 4 of the US Constitution states in whole:

The United States shall guarantee to every state in this union a republican form of government, and shall protect each of them against invasion; and on application of the legislature, or of the executive (when the legislature cannot be convened) against domestic violence.

As California is clearly no longer providing its citizenry with a republican form of government, the DOJ should bring legal action to either invalidate all CA state laws and policies that violate this guarantee, or should declare the state gov't in whole invalid and administer a trusteeship until a validly republican government can be put in place.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 07:25:22 pm »
Article IV, Section 4 of the US Constitution states in whole:

The United States shall guarantee to every state in this union a republican form of government, and shall protect each of them against invasion; and on application of the legislature, or of the executive (when the legislature cannot be convened) against domestic violence.

As California is clearly no longer providing its citizenry with a republican form of government, the DOJ should bring legal action to either invalidate all CA state laws and policies that violate this guarantee, or should declare the state gov't in whole invalid and administer a trusteeship until a validly republican government can be put in place.

I heartily agree!  But I won't be holding my breath waiting for it to happen!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 07:57:11 pm »
I've maintained for a long time that about 1/2 of the US has seceded.  California is just being more open about it.