Author Topic: Student Union Wants to Ban Clapping and Cheering Because it Excludes Deaf People  (Read 443 times)

rangerrebew

Student Union Wants to Ban Clapping and Cheering Because it Excludes Deaf People

By Lukas Mikelionis | 2:23 pm, April 28, 2017   

Britain’s largest national student union has told attendees of its annual conference they would face “consequences” for cheering and clapping because these forms of expression exclude deaf people.

The National Union of Students (NUS), which includes most university student unions, held a two-day conference on Tuesday.

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/student-union-wants-to-ban-clapping-and-cheering-because-it-excludes-deaf-people/?mod=hsnewsletter_dd&utm_source=Boomtrain&utm_medium=manual&utm_campaign=20161122&bt_ee=ypao0RPFsO0uXVIJwJX7c/n3+GCqna6mAVmHRrZHT+WJ1Dh2JX27+BWXyawJrODE&bt_ts=1493410299806&mod=hsnewsletter_dd
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 11:45:36 am by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I ran with a whole family of deaf people in my youth and I was ruthless with my deafness based pranks.

I'd see one of them pull into the party store across the street from my house and I'd run over and crack the radio in their car full tilt. They would drive off blasting polka or some crap like that.