Author Topic: Turkey, US can turn Raqqa into 'graveyard' for IS: Erdogan  (Read 401 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Turkey, US can turn Raqqa into 'graveyard' for IS: Erdogan
« on: April 29, 2017, 10:54:08 pm »
Turkey, US can turn Raqqa into 'graveyard' for IS: Erdogan

Turkish president says the militant group would 'look for a place for themselves to hide' if US linked with Turkey

AFP    Saturday 29 April 2017 10:07 UTC

Turkey and the United States can join forces to turn the Islamic State group's de facto capital of Raqqa in Syria into a "graveyard" for the militants, the Turkish president said on Saturday.

"The huge America, the coalition and Turkey can join hands and turn Raqqa into a graveyard for Daesh," Recep Tayyip Erdogan told an Istanbul meeting, using an alternative name for the IS group.

"They will look for a place for themselves to hide," he said.

Erdogan's comments came ahead of a meeting with President Donald Trump on 16 May in the United States.

Turkey sees the Kurdish People's Protection Units (YPG) in Syria as a terrorist group linked to the outlawed Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK), which has been waging a deadly insurgency against Ankara since 1984.

Continued: http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/turkey-us-can-turn-raqqa-graveyard-erdogan-2110275401

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Turkey, US can turn Raqqa into 'graveyard' for IS: Erdogan
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 11:38:13 pm »
No
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley