Author Topic: Oregon State Senator Proposes Law That Would Allow Gun Confiscation Without Due Process  (Read 2403 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
California has done it, Illinois is trying to do it, and Oregon may be next. These are the states that have laws, or have attempted to pass laws that make gun confiscation very easy. These laws basically allow any police officer or civilian to ask a court to confiscate the firearms of a family member, if that person may be at risk of suicide or domestic violence. That person doesn’t get to offer any input, nor does their need to be very much evidence that the person in question is dangerous.

The latest proposal comes from Oregon state senator Brian Boquist, whose Navy veteran son committed suicide last year. His bill “would enable immediate family members to obtain a court order to prevent a person showing signs of wanting to commit suicide or hurt others from obtaining a gun for a year.” The order would also force that person to give up all of their firearms.

As with California’s version of this law, this bill allows for ex parte court hearings, which means that the gun owner who is going to have his rights taken away, doesn’t have to be present during the hearing. If someone is subject to this order, they can only contest it once during its 12 month duration...

Read more at: http://www.thedailysheeple.com/oregon-state-senator-proposes-law-that-would-allow-gun-confiscation-without-due-process_042017
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 05:28:11 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
Here's an idea...every state that does this...lets just pull any federal funds that go towards law enforcement in that state.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Suppressed

The latest proposal comes from Oregon state senator Brian Boquist, whose Navy veteran son committed suicide last year. His bill “would enable immediate family members to obtain a court order to prevent a person showing signs of wanting to commit suicide or hurt others from obtaining a gun for a year.” The order would also force that person to give up all of their firearms.

Boquist is a former career special forces lieutenant colonel.   
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Why didn't the State Senator go himself and confiscate his son's guns?
I guess it wasn't very important to him.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
This is not new.

It's only dragging out what's already happening onto the stage and turning on the floodlights.

There is no such thing as 'Due Process' in gun confiscation.

"Spreak Engrish. Troops!"

14th Amendment

Section. 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

In English, that says Citizens are Citizens of the United States BEFORE, ABOVE, and BEYOND, being Citizens of the State wherein they reside.

And the Federal Constitution's guarantees of Government hands off has Superior Jurisdiction over State by State tyranny.

"Shall Not Be Infringed." is the highest and final 4 words on gun confiscation.

It is also the 1st, and therefore Primary clause, which puts it in a position of controlling authority over the remaining clauses.

Those remaining clauses clarify and reinforce the Primary clause.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
The standard due process for taking away rights like this would be a conviction by a jury or one's peers. Since that isn't happening this would not be Constitutional.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
The standard due process for taking away rights like this would be a conviction by a jury or one's peers. Since that isn't happening this would not be Constitutional.

Isn't it strange that convicted felons retain their 1st, 4th, and other Amendments, but the 2nd is too weighty an item to be left un-revoked?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Frank Cannon

He is also a professional azzhole and a fairy in a turtle neck.

This guy is what is wrong with the GOP.

geronl

Sounds like a law the first judge it comes to should just declare unconstitutional

geronl

Here's an idea...every state that does this...lets just pull any federal funds that go towards law enforcement in that state.

It's obviously unconstitutional.

And all taxes to the federal government should be stopped too, just to be fair.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

I've met quite a few retired officers who were anti gun.  I think it comes from years of being trained that the little people were too stupid to handle them.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.