Author Topic: Another nail in the coffin for the 'Jobs Americans Won't Do' myth  (Read 427 times)

rangerrebew

Another nail in the coffin for the 'Jobs Americans Won't Do' myth

Published: 
Fri, Apr 28th 2017 @ 12:48 pm EDT  by  Jeremy Beck

Politico buried the lede:

"Businesses that use foreign workers, worried they’ll get singled out by federal agents during a visa review, are starting to explore the possibility of recruiting domestic labor."

Among the persistent immigration myths are (1) foreign workers do jobs Americans won't do; and (2) businesses can only hire guest workers if there are no available citizens or legal permanent residents to fill the job.

If either of those were true, the businesses Politico refers to wouldn't be starting the process of possibly looking for domestic workers.

https://www.numbersusa.com/blog/another-nail-coffin-jobs-americans-wont-do-myth
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 12:00:11 pm by rangerrebew »

Oceander

Re: Another nail in the coffin for the 'Jobs Americans Won't Do' myth
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 12:02:53 pm »
So they're looking for second best. That's a waste of money and time.  And it simply raises costs to the consumer and reduces the quality of service. 

Xenophobia is not a rational economic basis. 

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 01:04:26 pm »
So they're looking for second best. That's a waste of money and time.  And it simply raises costs to the consumer and reduces the quality of service. 

Xenophobia is not a rational economic basis.

If your simple solution to keep costs low is the answer by hiring cheap foreign labor, then why not shut down any work done here in US and let a third world country do it far cheaper?  One can get the Bangladeshi to do it for a tenth the cost of even a Mexican laborer.

Best does not equal cheap.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 01:17:01 pm »
If I suggest to a teenager that he do the farmwork I did at that age, he'll look at me as if I were proposing selling himself into slavery