Author Topic: Yale grad students' 'hunger strike' apparently involves eating when hungry  (Read 825 times)

rangerrebew

Yale grad students' 'hunger strike' apparently involves eating when hungry

Published April 28, 2017
Washington Free Beacon

A group of Yale University graduate students announced Tuesday evening that they would be undertaking a hunger strike to pressure the administration into granting them better union benefits. The strike is taking place in front of University President Peter Salovey’s home.

"Yale wants to make us wait and wait and wait … until we give up and go away," the eight members of the graduate student union Local 33 announced. "We have committed ourselves to waiting without eating."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/04/28/yale-grad-students-hunger-strike-apparently-involves-eating-when-hungry.html

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Effing idiots.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online mountaineer

Sometimes you just need a little arugula, dontcha know.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline bolobaby

This exemplifies the snowflake generation.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Oceander

Symbolic hunger striking.  :facepalm2:

Online mountaineer

On tonight's menu, symbolic pizza and beer. Hey, a person's gotta live, no matter how noble the cause.

rangerrebew

I wonder if their food is delivered by one of mommy's or daddy's servants? :whistle:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Effing idiots.

They are everywhere!  Watch your back!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

Jason C.‏ @CounterMoonbat Apr 29

A 'hunger strike' with lunch breaks at an Ivy League school pretty much sums up modern-day college leftists. It's parody at this point.

Offline musiclady

This exemplifies the snowflake generation.

It certainly does.

No sacrifice is too small......    **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online mountaineer

Yale College Republicans Hold Barbecue Next to Union Hunger Strike
by Ben Kew
29 Apr 20179
Breitbart

Members of the Yale College Republicans held a barbecue on Friday next to eight graduate student teachers on a hunger strike over the Yale University’s refusal to negotiate with its newly formed union.

While the eight protesters sat in a tent next to University President Peter Salovey’s home, having not eaten in three days, the college Republican group cooked up a meal of beef, baked beans, and corn on the cob for the local community.

The hunger strike concerned Yale’s unwillingness to negotiate a contract with its graduate teachers, who voted to unionize in February. The union, known as Local 33, is a subgroup of the international labor union UNITE HERE.

The university’s refusal is currently being appealed to the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), with the university reportedly hoping to hold out until Donald Trump appoints a new batch of anti-union members to the NLRB.

Asked about his reaction to the barbecue, Local 33 Chairman Aaron Greenberg told The New Haven Register, “I’m not really focused on that. I’m focused on making sure we have lots of water, make sure I’m healthy. We have a check in with our nurse this afternoon. We are focused on that.”

In fliers distributed before the strike, the organizers asked others to participate with them in solidarity, urging people to “sit with us and lift our spirits,” and “[join in] when one of us cannot continue.”

Greenberg also attacked the university for “siding with Donald Trump over members of their own community” by taking an anti-union stance.

“I think that is unacceptable. I think that is despicable. They say we have to wait, so we are waiting without eating,” he said.

Online mountaineer

Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸‏Verified account @JackPosobiec 19h19 hours ago

After protesting evil corporate greed everyone from #ClimateMarch is now at Starbucks, CVS, and McDonalds staring at their iPhones

Offline musiclady

Yale College Republicans Hold Barbecue Next to Union Hunger Strike
by Ben Kew
29 Apr 20179
Breitbart

Members of the Yale College Republicans held a barbecue on Friday next to eight graduate student teachers on a hunger strike over the Yale University’s refusal to negotiate with its newly formed union.

While the eight protesters sat in a tent next to University President Peter Salovey’s home, having not eaten in three days, the college Republican group cooked up a meal of beef, baked beans, and corn on the cob for the local community.

The hunger strike concerned Yale’s unwillingness to negotiate a contract with its graduate teachers, who voted to unionize in February. The union, known as Local 33, is a subgroup of the international labor union UNITE HERE.

The university’s refusal is currently being appealed to the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), with the university reportedly hoping to hold out until Donald Trump appoints a new batch of anti-union members to the NLRB.

Asked about his reaction to the barbecue, Local 33 Chairman Aaron Greenberg told The New Haven Register, “I’m not really focused on that. I’m focused on making sure we have lots of water, make sure I’m healthy. We have a check in with our nurse this afternoon. We are focused on that.”

In fliers distributed before the strike, the organizers asked others to participate with them in solidarity, urging people to “sit with us and lift our spirits,” and “[join in] when one of us cannot continue.”

Greenberg also attacked the university for “siding with Donald Trump over members of their own community” by taking an anti-union stance.

“I think that is unacceptable. I think that is despicable. They say we have to wait, so we are waiting without eating,” he said.

Hilarious!  I LOVE those guys!  :patriot:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.