Author Topic: Lego launches massive NASA Saturn V Apollo rocket set  (Read 613 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Lego launches massive NASA Saturn V Apollo rocket set
« on: April 29, 2017, 01:29:21 am »
CNET by Amanda Kooser 4/28/2017

Take your love of plastic bricks all the way to the moon with a towering Saturn V rocket complete with lunar lander and tiny astronauts.

NASA's Saturn V rocket is an iconic piece of space history. It powered multiple Apollo missions into space, including the famed Apollo 11 moon landing. You can't fit a real Saturn V in your living room, but you will soon be able to build a huge, displayable Lego version.

When built, the finished rocket model stands over 3 feet tall (1 meter). You can put it all together, or break it out into three rocket-stage sections. It also comes with a lunar orbiter and lunar lander in case you want to take the included astronaut microfigures to a Lego moon.

Though the towering finished product is impressive all on its own, Lego also managed to pull off the nifty feat of making the set consist of 1,969 pieces to correspond with the year 1969 when the first humans stepped on the moon.

The elaborate set required a year of development and is based on a design submitted by Lego enthusiasts Felix Stiessen and Valérie Roche to the Lego Ideas site for fan-made projects. Lego notes the Saturn V is the tallest Lego Ideas set yet.

More: https://www.cnet.com/news/lego-nasa-saturn-v-apollo-rocket-set-ideas/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Lego launches massive NASA Saturn V Apollo rocket set
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 05:59:39 am »
Neat!

I built one of these when I was a younger fellow https://www.amazon.com/Revell-Germany-Apollo-Saturn-Rocket/dp/B00G7G4EPI but it has not survived the years and the miles....(It was cheaper then).
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 06:02:09 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis