Author Topic: Top conservatives reportedly plotting new TV network to challenge Fox News  (Read 6552 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
If anything comes of this, it will take a lot of money to be successful.

And a lot of very big egos would need to subordinate, to make it bigger than the individual.

And "multi-platform" would be essential from the start. Something available OTA, streaming, satellite radio, etc..

YouTube is the closest thing I can think of. There are YouTube commercial channels. Coldwell Banker is one example.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline anubias

I agree with the poster that they should invest in OANN.  I have been watching them instead of FOX for a while now.  No commercials yet.  Real news instead of slanted tripe in either direction.  Conservative commentary on talking head type shows.

FOX is going to be dismantled.  Not for the reasons stated here by our lovely resident Libs, but due to the fact that James Murdoch is embarrassed to be affiliated with FOXNEWS.  Murdoch's boys are not Conservative in the least and have been biding their time to be able to take out FOXNEWS.  We knew ten years ago that it would eventually happen.  It has begun.  We need a replacement and we have one already with a base foundation.  OANN. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Any actual figures on viewership for OANN? Let's see what those are.

Offline Rivergirl

It was always DT's plan to control his own media empire.  Promises made to certain fauxers that they would be part of his new venture.
Best thing to happen.  Rid FNC  of all their two faced stooges.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
OANN is great right now with Pence on, he's second to no Conservative in the US, christening the SS Indiana. Nice to have conservatives running the nation again.

I'd still be hesitant to say OANN has a solid future. I think they need more experience, that's where that Toni whatever is from.

Offline anubias

Any actual figures on viewership for OANN? Let's see what those are.

I'm sure you can look them up if you are truly interested.  I'm also sure that it's low as most have not heard of it yet.  At least a foundation is there unlike a channel that has yet to be born.  I'd rather they get going now than wait and have to scramble when FOXNEWS is done.

I visited my mother yesterday.  She's almost 80 years old.  Every evening of her life for the last 20 years has been spent with FOXNEWS.  She is done with FOX except for Bret Baier.  Misses Greta.  Was never crazy about O'Reilly, but ticked at how they gave him the boot, Tucker gets on her nerves and can't watch him.  The best they have according to her is Hannity and who in his right mind can sit through his show on a daily basis to hear the same drivel repeatedly?  She's furious that they moved Brett's show to an earlier time slot. 

My brother who lives with her, is just as sick of FOXNEWS as she.  I told them both about OANN and they tuned in last night.  Both are excited that something new is brewing considering that FOXNEWS has gone to hell in a hand basket.  It wasn't FOX, but it held promise for them as being watchable and possibly having a future.  They are going to switch over to OANN after Bret's show is over.

If both my mother and brother are sick of FOX, both of whom have been loyal FOXNEWS fans since its inception, watch then nightly seven days a week, and refuse (until yesterday) to ever watch any other news channel, FOX is in trouble.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yes, and for anyone who is interested, you can stream OANN (and other shows) via KLOWDTV.  Cheap and so far works well.

When I first got my Amazon Prime Fire Stick, OANN was free, but I didn't care for the production quality so I didn't watch it much.  Now, everybody's talking about how the quality has greatly improved, so I just tried the App and Amazon now wants five bucks a month to watch it.  If I find it streaming somewhere for free I'll watch it, but I'm removing the app from my fire stick.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Love the verb "plotting"   :whistle:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Why are conservatives always 'fat cats?'  Why not thin or moderately sized cats?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
If anything comes of this, it will take a lot of money to be successful.

And a lot of very big egos would need to subordinate, to make it bigger than the individual.

And "multi-platform" would be essential from the start. Something available OTA, streaming, satellite radio, etc..

YouTube is the closest thing I can think of. There are YouTube commercial channels. Coldwell Banker is one example.

Fox News will have to get a lot worse for this to be worthwhile.  There are only a few shows I watch now.  I don't like shows like The Five or the other panel show.  I usually tape Tucker Carlson and maybe Fox and Friends. 

But I always go there for news because where else can one go.  I don't trust CNN or MSNBC or the ABC's.

It's easy to skip Sean and Hannity and I used to skip O'Reilly.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
  Sign me up!

Regional accents are dying in America.  If you still have one on TV, they'll beat it out of you.  I have a couple of friends who have real Texas accents and I love to hear them talk.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Why are conservatives always 'fat cats?'  Why not thin or moderately sized cats?

That's an interesting question.  Why not?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Kind of ironic.

FOX goes all Trump all the time and Trump fans complain that they've gone too liberal so they want a new network to go all Trump all the time.

Its dedication to failure but its dedication just the same.

I don't agree.  Fox does not trash Trump but they do not go 'all Trump all the time.'

Trump is the worst enemy the left has ever had.  Their hatred of him permeates every thought they have.  You don't have to go to a news channel to see that.  It penetrates entertainment shows, sports announcers, everything.

It's a relief (to me) to get away from it.

I'm not a TV denier.  I love TV.  I have cable and TIVO.  It's worth it to me.

Offline roamer_1

If I find it streaming somewhere for free I'll watch it, but I'm removing the app from my fire stick.

@Cyber Liberty
Be sure to ping me to that link, will you?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty
Be sure to ping me to that link, will you?

Sure!  Everywhere I've looked so far has their hand out.  The bits I saw back before they wanted moolah weren't worth paying for.   :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

geronl

What does all of that mean?

Notice that Sessions is the best AG in decades after a few weeks on the job, heck, hand the man a Pulitzer Prize for his future endeavors. He's the best because he was appointed by Lord Trumpatine, and that is the ONLY criteria for the cult.

geronl

Fox News will have to get a lot worse for this to be worthwhile. 

Are you saying there can only be one "conservative" channel?

Fox News is trash these days anyway. It's more reality-tv talk show than actual news.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Are you saying there can only be one "conservative" channel?

Fox News is trash these days anyway. It's more reality-tv talk show than actual news.

Never mind "these days."  The liberals have been saying that about Fox News since day one.
I will NOT comply.

geronl

When I first got my Amazon Prime Fire Stick, OANN was free, but I didn't care for the production quality so I didn't watch it much.  Now, everybody's talking about how the quality has greatly improved, so I just tried the App and Amazon now wants five bucks a month to watch it.  If I find it streaming somewhere for free I'll watch it, but I'm removing the app from my fire stick.

If I got a channel with original non-lefty entertainment along with straight news OANN, that would be worth $5 a month (assuming very few ads). If they did some nice science fiction (I'd work for cheap) I would be there.

geronl

Never mind "these days."  The liberals have been saying that about Fox News since day one.

They say that about Trump but he isn't even a conservative. They say that because Trump isn't on their plantation (not on ours either), he has his own plantation.

Offline roamer_1

Sure!  Everywhere I've looked so far has their hand out.  The bits I saw back before they wanted moolah weren't worth paying for.   :shrug:

@Cyber Liberty
I had a link for them for a while... it was a weird international site... intermittent and now defunct. I liked what I saw, at least better than FOX...

As to the money, if I have to sit through commercials and sponsorship, they are already getting paid. There is damn little in the form of entertainment that I am willing to support directly anymore. I refuse to support Hollywood and the Hollywood mentality.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty
I had a link for them for a while... it was a weird international site... intermittent and now defunct. I liked what I saw, at least better than FOX...

As to the money, if I have to sit through commercials and sponsorship, they are already getting paid. There is damn little in the form of entertainment that I am willing to support directly anymore. I refuse to support Hollywood and the Hollywood mentality.

Amazon wants five bucks a month.  I get a lot more out of my Kindle Investors Business Daily.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If I got a channel with original non-lefty entertainment along with straight news OANN, that would be worth $5 a month (assuming very few ads). If they did some nice science fiction (I'd work for cheap) I would be there.

I wonder if Amazon offers a trial subscription, like they do their Kindle products?  I'd be willing to give them a try.
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

Amazon wants five bucks a month.  I get a lot more out of my Kindle Investors Business Daily.

I had Amazon for a while... wasn't impressed. I was paying a membership already, and THEN have to pay for 'premium content' too? Screw that. That kind of mentality is part of why I threw out the cable in the first place.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
The simple fact is that Thomas Jefferson nailed it in 1807 and little has changed since. People don't want news, they want gossip, entertainment, and confirmation of what they already believe.

To your request of my opinion of the manner in which a newspaper should be conducted so as to be most useful, I should answer ‘by restraining it to true facts & sound principles only.’ yet I fear such a paper would find few subscribers. it is a melancholy truth that a suppression of the press could not more compleatly deprive the nation of it’s benefits, than is done by it’s abandoned prostitution to falsehood. nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. the real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knolege with the lies of the day. I really look with commiseration over the great body of my fellow citizens, who, reading newspapers, live & die in the belief that they have known something of what has been passing in the world in their time: whereas the accounts they have read in newspapers are just as true a history of any other period of the world as of the present, except that the real names of the day are affixed to their fables. general facts may indeed be collected from them, such as that Europe is now at war, that Bonaparte has been a successful warrior, that he has subjected a great portion of Europe to his will &c &c. but no details can be relied on. I will add that the man who never looks into a newspaper is better informed than he who reads them; inasmuch as he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. he who reads nothing will still learn the great facts, and the details are all false.

Perhaps an editor might begin a reformation in some such way as this. divide his paper into 4. chapters, heading the 1st. Truths. 2d. Probabilities. 3d. Possibilities. 4th. Lies. the 1st. chapter would be very short, as it would contain little more than authentic papers, and information from such sources as the editor would be willing to risk his own reputation for their truth. the 2d. would contain what, from a mature consideration of all circumstances, his judgment should conclude to be probably true. this however should rather contain too little than too much. the 3d. & 4th. should be professedly for those readers who would rather have lies for their money than the blank paper they would occupy.

Such an editor too would have to set his face against the demoralising practice of feeding the public mind habitually on slander, & the depravity of taste which this nauseous aliment induces. defamation is becoming a necessary of life: insomuch that a dish of tea, in the morning or evening, cannot be digested without this stimulant. even those who do not believe these abominations, still read them with complacence to their auditors, and, instead of the abhorrence & indignation which should fill a virtuous mind, betray a secret pleasure in the possibility that some may believe them, tho they do not themselves. it seems to escape them that it is not he who prints, but he who pays for printing a slander, who is it’s real author.