Author Topic: Top conservatives reportedly plotting new TV network to challenge Fox News  (Read 6521 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Media industry website Mediaite reported Friday that “conservative fat cats” are considering the formation of a new conservative media outlet.

According to Mediaite’s report, the pace of the “serious discussions” has been picking up in the wake of rumors suggesting additional changes are in store at Fox News. A source reportedly told Mediaite that “two prominent high-powered television executives, some underperforming conservative networks and people who have an interest and the ability to fund a new network” are meeting Friday to discuss creating a rival to Fox News.....

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/04/28/top-conservatives-reportedly-plotting-new-tv-network-to-challenge-fox-news/

Offline ABX

Newsmax tried it. The Blaze tried it. CRTV tried it. One News Now is currently trying it.

They are going to have to learn from all of those, find out the gaps, and probably unify many of the players from those networks.

One challenge is that people don't always want an echo chamber.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
I don't know what One News Now is, but One America News is on many cable systems as well as on the internet.  Perhaps these folks should look at investing in OANN rather than creating yet another network.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I don't know what One News Now is, but One America News is on many cable systems as well as on the internet.  Perhaps these folks should look at investing in OANN rather than creating yet another network.

Yes, and for anyone who is interested, you can stream OANN (and other shows) via KLOWDTV.  Cheap and so far works well.

Offline r9etb

Newsmax tried it. The Blaze tried it. CRTV tried it. One News Now is currently trying it.

They are going to have to learn from all of those, find out the gaps, and probably unify many of the players from those networks.

Neither Newsmax nor Blaze is a model that can seriously challenge something like Fox News or CNN, however.  Newsmax is more of a love child of Drudge and Talk Radio; and the Blaze is just Talk Radio with a picture.  Neither of them will ever be standard fare on the TV monitors in any large corporation -- one might call that the hallmark of a "serious" news source.

I don't know about One News -- never heard of it, to be honest.

Offline ABX

New Christian Conservative news network.
https://www.onenewsnow.com/

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

The fact that FOX news is an echo chamber is why they're in trouble.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Technology and the market have changed very fast. My household has completely cut the cable; a 69, 66 and 47 year old.

Nice rooftop antenna and 3 Rokus. Netflix, Amazon and SlingTV.

Sling is merely one of several "bundlings" of streaming channels, intended for people lacking rooftop antenna options.

If Fox walks away from their leading position, earned by serving conservatives, let them walk.  I use mainly radio and internet for news and politics.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline roamer_1

Good. Base it out of KC or Omaha or Nashville... Anywhere other than NE or the left coast.

Offline Rivergirl

Given the so called commentary by the previously labelled 'conservatives' I'd say...............Why bother.
We know you are all  a bunch of bought and paid for shills.

Offline Cripplecreek

Given the so called commentary by the previously labelled 'conservatives' I'd say...............Why bother.
We know you are all  a bunch of bought and paid for shills.

I want unknown reporters who actually live in flyover country.

Offline roamer_1

Yeah... With regional accents.

Online andy58-in-nh

Absolutely. Geez Louise, I'd be moah than happy to volunteeuh foah New England. Some people say we speak funny heah, buncha elitists. Ahh, screw'em!
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Sign me up!
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Absolutely. Geez Louise, I'd be moah than happy to volunteeuh foah New England. Some people say we speak funny heah, buncha elitists. Ahh, screw'em!

The first time I visited New England was in the early 80's and it was like going to a foreign country.  I learned how to order a beer without getting the "glare".  And I learned you don't ask girls to dance, girls only dance with other girls.  I'd go on but you get the picture.  My biggest problem was that I thought it all hilarious that I was a stranger in my own country, but of course you don't laugh out loud even though I was laughing at myself and the situation.

So if you do start being a correspondent we're going to need subtitles for one thing.  And we'll have to tie your hands to your sides because the hand gestures don't translate.  Then the hardest part, you'll also have to stand still for the camera.

:whistle:

Online andy58-in-nh

The first time I visited New England was in the early 80's and it was like going to a foreign country.  I learned how to order a beer without getting the "glare".  And I learned you don't ask girls to dance, girls only dance with other girls.  I'd go on but you get the picture.  My biggest problem was that I thought it all hilarious that I was a stranger in my own country, but of course you don't laugh out loud even though I was laughing at myself and the situation.

So if you do start being a correspondent we're going to need subtitles for one thing.  And we'll have to tie your hands to your sides because the hand gestures don't translate.  Then the hardest part, you'll also have to stand still for the camera.

:whistle:
Well, I felt like I needed subtitles when I first visited Texas. I love Texas. And in eastern Tennessee, I really could have used a paid translator. I mean, the signs were all in English, but the local patois was indecipherable. Hell, it sounded like everyone had their tongue glued to a fence post.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline roamer_1

Well, I felt like I needed subtitles when I first visited Texas. I love Texas. And in eastern Tennessee, I really could have used a paid translator. I mean, the signs were all in English, but the local patois was indecipherable. Hell, it sounded like everyone had their tongue glued to a fence post.

I do alright with western, midwestern, and southern - To include the desert southwest... Other than deep south Black, and Cajun, which is always nearly indecipherable... And I have trouble understanding Northeastern.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean

Now...y'all talk mighty funny up in them there cold parts.  It's like yah just can't wait to get finished and spit the words out like a bunch of pebbles.  Yah gotta savor what yah're sayin'... If'n yah aren't happy with yah're words, why bother sayin'em?  And just for the record, our tongues aren't glued to fence posts, we just like the taste...
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Rivergirl

Nothing to do with politics.........promise......
but I cringe when I hear Sessions speak   For some reason his voice grates.

Offline Rivergirl

sigh............way way back in the day Newsmax was my go to place to go for news and commentary.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Fox as usual is doing great despite the usual brood of vipers, so-called conservatives, do nothing rinos slandering and throwing out any derision they can. OANN is b-o-o-r-ing and going nowhere. True conservatives will continue to get their news from Rush above all others, of course, that will make him the continued target of hate by so-called conservatives who get squat done.

Who really cares that much about Fox or even other satellite news agencies, in the end,  viewership isn't that high at all.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Jeff Beauregard Sessions continues to do excellent work. When is a Southerner put down with no problem, when he works for Trump. Sessions is the best AG in decades but I suppose so-called conservatives have problems. Perhaps once again and for the millionth time, Cruz supporters disagree with Ted, do they ever agree with him?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Jeff Beauregard Sessions continues to do excellent work. When is a Southerner put down with no problem, when he works for Trump. Sessions is the best AG in decades but I suppose so-called conservatives have problems. Perhaps once again and for the millionth time, Cruz supporters disagree with Ted, do they ever agree with him?

What does all of that mean?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Yes, and for anyone who is interested, you can stream OANN (and other shows) via KLOWDTV.  Cheap and so far works well.

The so-called group should consider buying in or buying out One America News (OAN)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_America_News_Network

Liz Wheeler hosts the Tipping Point. It is very well done.  10PM in the East.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4g08fLxTmk&index=1&list=PLM_tVXBx-AANkszoePvrX0kkS801IqEPg

« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 03:06:38 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cripplecreek

Kind of ironic.

FOX goes all Trump all the time and Trump fans complain that they've gone too liberal so they want a new network to go all Trump all the time.

Its dedication to failure but its dedication just the same.