Author Topic: Concerns explode over new teen risks from vaping  (Read 471 times)

rangerrebew

Concerns explode over new teen risks from vaping
« on: April 28, 2017, 12:18:28 pm »
Concerns explode over new teen risks from vaping

DAN HIXSON/UNIVERSITY OF UTAH COLLEGE OF ENGINEERINGDAN HIXSON/UNIVERSITY OF UTAH COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING

University of Utah graduate student Nazmul Hasan is the first to admit that the glasses he helped design may not look cool. But what these prototypes lack in style, they make up for in smart design. An app will download one’s eyeglass prescription to the frames. From then on, the specs will focus on whatever the wearer looks at, such as a phone text. The frames send out light pulses that bounce off surfaces in front of them to calculate the distance. Tiny motors then bend the lenses, made of liquid glycerin, as much as the prescription calls for. Voila! The text will come into focus. — Stephen Ornes

https://www.sciencenews.org/sponsored/concerns-explode-over-new-teen-risks-vaping?tgt=nr
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 12:19:10 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Concerns explode over new teen risks from vaping
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 12:20:24 pm »
HuH? Text/title don't match. The glasses sure sound better the the ones I have been fighting, though.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis