Author Topic: The View Excitedly Asks Caitlyn Jenner To Run As First 'Woman President'  (Read 7242 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Not surprisingly he did better playing with the women than he did playing with the men because, as the leftist Wiki article described it, he "overpowered them."  Renee Richards actually did more to hurt the transgender cause than help it by illustrating men are inherently more powerful physically than women, and has been ambivalent about his success.

My mother once remarked that it amazed her how much stronger her 12-year-old stepson was than she was and she was a strong woman.

Everybody knows that men are stronger as a rule so why are we even debating that.

By the way, they used to do those gender tests but somehow stopped.  Anybody know why.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
My mother once remarked that it amazed her how much stronger her 12-year-old stepson was than she was and she was a strong woman.

Everybody knows that men are stronger as a rule so why are we even debating that.

By the way, they used to do those gender tests but somehow stopped.  Anybody know why.

I dunno.  I didn't bring Richards up.  It's entirely possible I completely missed your point.  Sorry.

They stopped testing for sex?  I can see why nowadays, I guess, because to test for that is very un-PC, but there was very good reason to start it.  The Russians were famous for passing men off as women for the Olympics, and a way had to be found to knock that crap off because the men were beating the snot out of the women, but I had no idea they stopped it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
If it runs as a woman, it will need a sports bra.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

It's ironic one of the visible symptoms of heavy 'roid use is "bitch tits."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
It's ironic one of the visible symptoms of heavy 'roid use is "bitch tits."

:thud: :silly:

Offline musiclady

The activists are a tiny share of an already tiny part of the population.  It is the media that has you entranced with their offensive doings.  If they were ignored, they would not affect you personally ever in your lifetime.

I know that you are trying to insult me by the Jenner question, but, sorry, I won't bite on that.

I'm not trying to insult you at all by that question.

Your entire purpose here seems to be to insult those of us who think this very much matters because you don't happen to think it does.

So I asked you the question.  Would it matter to you if the first 'woman' President is male?  It clearly doesn't matter to you that girls are losing athletic contests because they're competing against mentally ill (or self-serving) boys, but it does to some of us.

I was on the front end of women in sports, and compete on one of the first intercollegiate women's basketball teams.  It was rough going back in the 60's for women athletes, and we had to put up with a lot of crap because we fought the male dominance in sports.  The left is taking away the progress that's been made by forcing girls to compete against boys in some effort to be "fair."

What I'm saying to you, not by insulting you, is that it DOES matter.  These incidents DO matter.  The acceptance of a mentally disturbed male as a female DOES matter.

You can blame it on the media all you'd like, but the media is reporting on what's really happening.

Don't dismiss it out of hand because you disagree with social conservatives (and have a very negative opinion of us).  Even as a social liberal, it's going to negatively affect ALL of us.  You and me both.

@Emjay
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Fantom

Well, maybe if it can satisfy a man...... It can run for President as a woman, and win.

Lord knows, Hillary failed at both.  :smokin:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well, maybe if it can satisfy a man...... It can run for President as a woman, and win.

Lord knows, Hillary failed at both.  :smokin:

She's not a complete failure.  She gave birth to Web Hubbell's daughter.  ^-^
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fantom

She's not a complete failure.  She gave birth to Web Hubbell's daughter.  ^-^

And that Racehorse may yet win the Belmont ****slapping.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I do not see how real women are not insulted by this stuff

@geronl

Real women? They are an insult to all of humanity.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Feminists now want a man to take the job of first woman president from them.

@AbaraXas

Well,the one thing I have never heard members of the SOW Gang called is "clever"/
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I'm not trying to insult you at all by that question.

Your entire purpose here seems to be to insult those of us who think this very much matters because you don't happen to think it does.

So I asked you the question.  Would it matter to you if the first 'woman' President is male?  It clearly doesn't matter to you that girls are losing athletic contests because they're competing against mentally ill (or self-serving) boys, but it does to some of us.

I was on the front end of women in sports, and compete on one of the first intercollegiate women's basketball teams.  It was rough going back in the 60's for women athletes, and we had to put up with a lot of crap because we fought the male dominance in sports.  The left is taking away the progress that's been made by forcing girls to compete against boys in some effort to be "fair."

What I'm saying to you, not by insulting you, is that it DOES matter.  These incidents DO matter.  The acceptance of a mentally disturbed male as a female DOES matter.

You can blame it on the media all you'd like, but the media is reporting on what's really happening.

Don't dismiss it out of hand because you disagree with social conservatives (and have a very negative opinion of us).  Even as a social liberal, it's going to negatively affect ALL of us.  You and me both.

@Emjay

Not at all.  I'm conservative myself.  I don't believe transgender men should be allowed to compete in womens' sports.

I simply think this is overblown and overpublicized right now and I don't believe it should be paramount on our worry scale.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Not at all.  I'm conservative myself.  I don't believe transgender men should be allowed to compete in womens' sports.

I simply think this is overblown and overpublicized right now and I don't believe it should be paramount on our worry scale.
That's like saying don't bother to get that mole that changed shape checked...

It doesn't take a lot to have significance. In the case of the mole it might be the beginnings of a battle with melanoma. Other things indicate social cancers. Best to stop both early rather than ignore them.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

It doesn't take a lot to have significance. In the case of the mole it might be the beginnings of a battle with melanoma. Other things indicate social cancers. Best to stop both early rather than ignore them.

@ Smokin Joe 

Ridiculous analogy.  We CAN and SHOULD get a mole checked.

But what can we do about gays and transgenders.  There's no law against it.

Frankly, the lunatic fringe of the gay population have become their own worst enemy.  These lawsuits they're pulling against bakers, etc. are annoying the heck out of the majority of people.

I think they are in the process of self-destructing.  This Jenner person is a celebrity like the Kardashians except she/he is even more crazy than they are.  Much as she makes me cringe, I feel sorry for her.

She is not hurting me and she is not hurting you except maybe hurting your feelings by existing.

This is just not important.  Far more important are issues like the Muslim threat; the North Korea threat; the illegal immigration flood; the IRS; the mistreatment of veterans.

Those and other things are important.  They actually affect our lives.  Caitlin does not unless you want to sit around and obsess about her.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 06:26:55 am by Emjay »

Offline Smokin Joe

Anything which makes it more difficult to raise children in a forthright manner does hurt, whether you see that or not. Every perversion 'normalized' or ignored only opens the cultural door to greater depravity, and that is the world we will bequeath to our children. Me? I'm old enough I am not affected, but those great grandkids all will be, the grandkids raising them will be, and their grandchildren will be. If you have no care for anything but what directly affects you, you're missing something.

No, there is no law against this, but at the rate things are going the law will require special concessions for it.

This, however, I think is only fair. If you want to compete in sports as a woman, you have a pair of X chromosones. Without those, you are not eligible to play.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

geronl

It happened recently, I can't put my finger on the article, but a boy had to compete as a girl because he's a tranny, and beat every girl in the state.

Texas

and don;t forget that MMA guy who broke a woman's face in a match. Plus the LPGA welcomes them.

Offline musiclady

Excellent comparison. 

Moral corruption and cancer are analogous.  Both start small and "insignificant" and grow to destroy the whole body.

And neither should be ignored.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Excellent comparison. 

Moral corruption and cancer are analogous.  Both start small and "insignificant" and grow to destroy the whole body.

And neither should be ignored.

If you, or anyone, can explain to me what we can do about moral corruption, I will join you in trying.

First, we have to agree on a definition of moral corruption. 

I think marriage is a sacred institution that is in danger because a lack of commitment to marriage, a feeling that infidelity is okay and that divorce is just the next step in the evolution of one's life.

While we were discussing sin in church one day, there was a dead silence when someone mentioned divorce.  That was because there were a lot of divorces among the congregation. 

Of course Jesus never once mentioned homosexuality but he certainly had things to say about divorce. 

So, I think we are in danger of consigning moral corruption to things safely out of our purview.  Most of us will encounter very few gays in our life and almost no transsexuals.  This is all stuff we see on television.  I have a couple of gay friends, a gay niece and a gay nephew.  They are all fine, moral people. I don't think anyone wants to go back to the barbaric times when homosexuals were punished as criminals.  Or.... do they??

So.... give me your definition of moral corruption... and please do not include the mentally ill people who have some delusion that they are in the wrong body. 

Silver Pines

If you, or anyone, can explain to me what we can do about moral corruption, I will join you in trying.

I think marriage is a sacred institution that is in danger because a lack of commitment to marriage, a feeling that infidelity is okay and that divorce is just the next step in the evolution of one's life.

While we were discussing sin in church one day, there was a dead silence when someone mentioned divorce.  That was because there were a lot of divorces among the congregation. 

Of course Jesus never once mentioned homosexuality but he certainly had things to say about divorce. 

So, I think we are in danger of consigning moral corruption to things safely out of our purview.  Most of us will encounter very few gays in our life and almost no transsexuals.  This is all stuff we see on television.  I have a couple of gay friends, a gay niece and a gay nephew.  They are all fine, moral people. I don't think anyone wants to go back to the barbaric times when homosexuals were punished as criminals.  Or.... do they??

So.... give me your definition of moral corruption... and please do not include the mentally ill people who have some delusion that they are in the wrong body.

@Emjay

You won't hear me argue that divorce isn't wrong.  However, I was just skimming this thread, and I saw something in your post which absolutely stunned me.  I'm trying to keep out of these debates because of the original intent of the forum's owner, but this just  blew me away.

"Jesus never mentioned homosexuality"?  You can't be serious...can you? 

The Old and New Testaments leave no doubt to God's view on homosexuality.  Jesus is the third person of the Trinity--God in flesh, as the text says---so why do you think He would or even could disagree with that part of His own word? Jesus inspired the men who wrote the Scriptural warnings about homosexuality.

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
@Emjay

You won't hear me argue that divorce isn't wrong.  However, I was just skimming this thread, and I saw something in your post which absolutely stunned me.  I'm trying to keep out of these debates because of the original intent of the forum's owner, but this just  blew me away.

"Jesus never mentioned homosexuality"?  You can't be serious...can you? 

The Old and New Testaments leave no doubt to God's view on homosexuality.  Jesus is the third person of the Trinity--God in flesh, as the text says---so why do you think He would or even could disagree with that part of His own word? Jesus inspired the men who wrote the Scriptural warnings about homosexuality.

Exactly.  Specifically, Jesus inspired Paul to write on the sin of homosexuality.  Those attempting to say that Jesus was ok with homosexuality (well, he didn't outright condemn it, did he?) are ignoring the entire Bible, which is the word of God, which Jesus adhered to....always.

Here is an excellent commentary on this subject.  Specifically, the answer to this argument that "Jesus didn't ""mention"" homosexuality".   He also didn't mention rape, bestiality, pedophilia, etc.... but does that mean that he didn't condemn it as a sin or that he was ok with it?  Of course not.

So did Jesus address homosexuality? Yes, He did. He did so by sending His Spirit to superintend the writing of Paul such that what Paul wrote was precisely what Jesus intended, so much so that it could be said to be “God-breathed.” Jesus condemned homosexuality by means of Paul’s condemnation of homosexuality. And therefore, to deny that homosexuality is sinful is to deny Jesus Himself, and is irreconcilable with true, biblical Christianity.

http://thecripplegate.com/is-it-true-that-jesus-never-addressed-homosexuality/
No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.

Silver Pines

Exactly.  Specifically, Jesus inspired Paul to write on the sin of homosexuality.  Those attempting to say that Jesus was ok with homosexuality (well, he didn't outright condemn it, did he?) are ignoring the entire Bible, which is the word of God, which Jesus adhered to....always.

Here is an excellent commentary on this subject.  Specifically, the answer to this argument that "Jesus didn't ""mention"" homosexuality".   He also didn't mention rape, bestiality, pedophilia, etc.... but does that mean that he didn't condemn it as a sin or that he was ok with it?  Of course not.

http://thecripplegate.com/is-it-true-that-jesus-never-addressed-homosexuality/

@XenaLee

That was a very good article.

"All of Scripture is the word of Jesus."   Yes, it is.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I think you ladies, (Catherine and Xena) are reaching.

You are attributing everything you can find in the Bible to Jesus in his role of son of God.

That is just ridiculous.

My original statement stands unless someone can find me an actual quote from the actual Jesus.

Silver Pines

I think you ladies, (Catherine and Xena) are reaching.

You are attributing everything you can find in the Bible to Jesus in his role of son of God.

That is just ridiculous.

My original statement stands unless someone can find me an actual quote from the actual Jesus.

@Emjay

Okay, so it's reaching.  Tell us where we're wrong. 

Jesus is God in flesh, the second person of the Trinity. Is that wrong?

The Bible was inspired by God, meaning God inspired men to write what they wrote.  Is that wrong?

It's a simple logical progression. 

Why and how would Jesus disagree with any part of Scripture if He, being divine, inspired it? 

And why would He have to come knock us on the head and say "In case you don't get it, I agree with the part about homosexuality, too!"  Why do you need a quote from Him unless you think there are parts of Scripture He has problems with?

The article posted is very helpful, btw.

Offline Smokin Joe

Matt 15: 18-19
But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander.

I think lasciviousness falls neatly into evil thoughts, regardless of who it is aimed at.

However, His Father spoke quite clearly in the absolute destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, and the word 'abomination' is used in reference to homosexuality as well.
The Almighty doesn't tolerate divorce, either, except under very narrow circumstances.

Yes, adultery, fornication, and divorce are destructive, but we aren't so much talking about that, as the mutilation of a man to try to carve him into something he is not and never will be.
No more than gilding a piece of lead will make it gold, nor carving something out of coal and painting it white will make it a marble statue.

You mention that the only time we would ever see this is on television, but I could certainly go for seeing a lot less of it on my TV. Homosexuality is over represented on television in the 'standard politically correct diversity mix' of characters by at least a factor of ten compared to the overall population, and it is difficult to see a show where it is absent that was produced in the last ten years. Yet statistically, no more than one person in 50 are homosexual (GLBT, unless you are in a high concentration area like Washington D.C. or Hawaii, two areas which outstrip even San Francisco for homosexuals in the population. You didn't think that disproportionate political power was accidental, did you?)
For people whose real world interaction is limited, this is a cultural distortion which makes the deviant (from the statistical 'norm') seem more commonplace and something which changes people's perceptions of what is or isn't acceptable behaviour. That changes our culture, and other's perception of our culture, and that affects us all.

We just finished explaining to our 12 year old great granddaughter why the two daddies in a an episode of The Loud House on Nickelodeon is wrong.

It affects us all. Ignoring or supporting that sort of behaviour is wrong, too.

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good people do nothing.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 08:23:20 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay

Okay, so it's reaching.  Tell us where we're wrong. 

Jesus is God in flesh, the second person of the Trinity. Is that wrong?

The Bible was inspired by God, meaning God inspired men to write what they wrote.  Is that wrong?

It's a simple logical progression. 

Why and how would Jesus disagree with any part of Scripture if He, being divine, inspired it? 

And why would He have to come knock us on the head and say "In case you don't get it, I agree with the part about homosexuality, too!"  Why do you need a quote from Him unless you think there are parts of Scripture He has problems with?

The article posted is very helpful, btw.

Thanks so much, but I do not need help in interpreting God or the Bible.  I spent most of my life in Bible classes. 

I should know better than to discuss or argue religion with you or anybody.  You think I'm wrong...  I think you're wrong.

So, go in peace to love and serve the Lord.  Thanks be to God.