Author Topic: The left and free speech – it ain’t what those old dead white guys meant it to be  (Read 335 times)

rangerrebew

The left and free speech – it ain’t what those old dead white guys meant it to be
By Bruce McQuain

There’s a lot to talk about and not much I even care to talk about.  Mostly politics.  You only have to see this cycle repeated a few times to understand what probably comes next.  Has it gotten more extreme?  Of course.  But as you watch the parties head toward their extremes (one party much faster than the other) it certainly no longer presents many surprises and, surprisingly, little interest – at least on my part.

The culture, on the other hand, is why we see the politics we see today.  And I can’t say I’m particularly pleased with what I see there.

I talked about what’s going on at Wellesley a little while ago on the free speech front.  Or more accurately the lack of free speech front.  Well, they’ve doubled down now.  It seems they’re of the opinion that speech they don’t approve of invites, even deserves, “hostility” (or violence if you prefer).  From an editorial in The Wellesley News:

http://www.qando.net/2017/04/19/the-left-and-free-speech-it-aint-what-those-old-dead-white-guys-meant-it-to-be/
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 04:01:42 pm by rangerrebew »