Author Topic: UN Interference with Efforts to Repeal and Replace Obamacare  (Read 1118 times)

rangerrebew

UN Interference with Efforts to Repeal and Replace Obamacare
« on: April 27, 2017, 03:24:56 pm »
UN Interference with Efforts to Repeal and Replace Obamacare

By Joseph A. Klein —— Bio and Archives April 27, 2017

The United Nations is once again sticking its nose into the domestic affairs of the United States in violation of the UN Charter (Article 2, para. 7).  The Washington Post has uncovered a transmittal letter dated February 2, 2017 from the UN Office of High Commissioner of Human Rights, forwarding to the then acting U.S. Secretary of State, Thomas Shannon, Jr., a complaint from one of the UN’s Special Rapporteurs about plans to repeal and replace Obamacare.  This Special Rapporteur “on the right of everyone to the enjoyment of the highest attainable standard of physical and mental health,” Dainius Puras, believes it is within his mandate to intervene in the internal debate going on within the U.S. Congress and the executive branch as to what to do about Obamacare.

http://canadafreepress.com/article/un-interference-with-efforts-to-repeal-and-replace-obamacare
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 03:26:10 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Re: UN Interference with Efforts to Repeal and Replace Obamacare
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 03:27:41 pm »
I'd like to interfere with the UN for a few days.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 03:38:58 pm »
Really, the UN?? The organization that can even stop a genocide in Africa is causing problems here?? I usually take stories from that site with a grain of salt.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 06:00:04 pm »
Really, the UN?? The organization that can even stop a genocide in Africa is causing problems here?? I usually take stories from that site with a grain of salt.

It's been reported by two other news sources; FOX and the Washington Post.  I say -- withdraw from the U.N. and since when does the UN dictate medical insurance coverage??

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/26/un-reportedly-warns-trump-that-obamacare-repeal-could-violate-international-law.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/apparently-repealing-obamacare-could-violate-international-law/2017/04/25/2794a77c-29f4-11e7-b605-33413c691853_story.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 06:03:30 pm »
What a joke -- the U.N. is citing agreements that we have never signed and ratified, and so which are not binding on us.

Screw them.

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 06:15:12 pm »
What a joke -- the U.N. is citing agreements that we have never signed and ratified, and so which are not binding on us.

Screw them.

?? I'm not so sure what Bammy signed with the U.N. nor do I know if there is some kind of verbage or an agreement in the ACA that links it to the U.N.; my guess is that it does.  One of Bammy's key pieces of legislation, S.2433 (though failed) while he was in the Senate was his Global Poverty Act which had numerous ties with the U.N.; I have no doubt much of what he wanted he got while president regardless of bypassing or including Congress.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

geronl

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 06:39:42 pm »
"Repeal and replace" is the biggest lie going. It's a slight tweak.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 05:22:54 am »

UN with all of their child rape scandals.  I wonder if it was human rights for children in Africa to have to endure rape for peanut butter?

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 06:50:59 am »
The planes hit the wrong building on 9/11.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2017, 07:01:12 am »
It's a little more than ironic when you consider how and why the UN began.  And after the Korean war ended with the signing of a truce it was considered a success since it was the first time in human history such an arrangement of nations ended a war.  But technically the war was only paused.

Fast forward about 60 years and we're on the brink of war with North Korea again. 

Online LMAO

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2017, 11:26:00 am »
From the article...
This Special Rapporteur “on the right of everyone to the enjoyment of the highest attainable standard of physical and mental health,

Huh?

This sounds like one of those made up jobs. Your milkman has more value to society than this title.

But, his nonsense makes the news so we can all get a good laugh at his expense
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2017, 11:28:49 am »
The planes hit the wrong building on 9/11.

@Smokin Joe

If they had hit that building millions of Americans would have been cheering them on!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2017, 11:30:35 am »
@Smokin Joe

If they had hit that building millions of Americans would have been cheering them on!
Yeah. They really screwed up.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis