Author Topic: How Conservative States Should Handle Academia  (Read 484 times)

rangerrebew

How Conservative States Should Handle Academia
« on: April 27, 2017, 03:23:33 pm »
April 27, 2017
How Conservative States Should Handle Academia
By Bruce Walker

Conservatives need to use the political power already in their hands to begin a grassroots transformation of academia.  The totalitarian exclusion of Ann Coulter from a state university in California is one reminder of the need for reform.  The grotesque of politically correct "science" recently paraded around Earth Day is another.

In fact, the Orwellian control of academia by the left virtually guarantees that tens of millions of young Americans will not only lack knowledge – that can be remedied by study and reflection – but have instead noxious stews of pseudo-knowledge percolating out of their ears and guiding (or rather misguiding) their whole lives.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/04/how_conservative_states_should_handle_academia.html#ixzz4fSoawpJ7
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: How Conservative States Should Handle Academia
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 02:47:11 am »
I didn't read the entire article.
But here's what I'd suggest:

1. Cut off state funding to colleges and universities that punish conservatives and free speech.

2. Not only that, cut off their accreditation, as well.

3. Eliminate tenure for professors. Not sure if this can be mandated at the state government level, but if possible, do so.

4. Pass laws that guarantee the right of students to express opinions without reprisals from faculty or college administrators. If the schools won't comply, have penalties, including fines and prison sentences, for those who obstruct such freedoms.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: How Conservative States Should Handle Academia
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 05:04:16 am »
Ultimately, the harm won't be what these kids learn. It will be what they learn that just isn't so.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis