Author Topic: U.S. chief justice alarmed at Trump administration immigration case stance  (Read 596 times)

rangerrebew

U.S. chief justice alarmed at Trump administration immigration case stance

April 26, 2017
    By Lawrence Hurley | WASHINGTON

U.S. Chief Justice John Roberts took issue on Wednesday with the Trump administration's stance in an immigration case, saying it could make it too easy for the government to strip people of citizenship for lying about minor infractions.

Roberts and other Supreme Court justices indicated support for a deported ethnic Serb immigrant named Divna Maslenjak over her bid to regain her U.S. citizenship after it was stripped because she falsely stated her husband had not served in the Bosnian Serb army in the 1990s after Yugoslavia's collapse.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN17S2GN

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
John Roberts is a lying scumbag.   screw him
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline ConstitutionRose

And I am alarmed at Chief Justice Robert's stance.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
And I am alarmed at Chief Justice Robert's stance.

Either we have laws or we don't!  There is no in between!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

geronl

Lying on the citizenship application makes the awarding of citizenship mute, meaning she was not stripped of it since she never legally had it.

In this particular case, I don't know if she knew it was false or not. did she meet and marry him after and he lied to her?