Author Topic: How Does the Ear Work?  (Read 1019 times)

rangerrebew

How Does the Ear Work?
« on: April 27, 2017, 12:17:50 pm »
How Does the Ear Work?

The ear is the organ of hearing and balance. One of the very advanced sensitive organs of the human body, the ear detects, transmits, and transduces sound to the brain and maintains a sense of balance. Just as ripples are spread out in circles from the point where a stone is dropped in water, the sound source creates pressure variations in the air, which are perceived by the ear as sound.

http://www.news-medical.net/health/How-Does-the-Ear-Work.aspx
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 12:18:24 pm by rangerrebew »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: How Does the Ear Work?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 03:21:14 am »
I enjoyed the article...thanks!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 03:39:35 am »
I enjoyed the article...thanks!

Interesting indeed!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 06:54:40 am »
Selectively. If I stand behind Mrs. Joe and say something, she may not hear me at all. If I am in a corner of the garage, rather distant, and mutter a syllable of discontent, she reads it 5 X 5.

It works a lot like that with kids, too.

(off to actually read the article) :shrug:

That still doesn't explain the above....but it is an interesting article, thanks!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 06:59:55 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 01:05:04 pm »
Selectively. If I stand behind Mrs. Joe and say something, she may not hear me at all. If I am in a corner of the garage, rather distant, and mutter a syllable of discontent, she reads it 5 X 5.

It works a lot like that with kids, too.

(off to actually read the article) :shrug:

That still doesn't explain the above....but it is an interesting article, thanks!

@Smokin Joe
That little grumble of discontent gets on her last (auditory) nerve, so she hears you loud and clear!
 :dx1:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2017, 01:56:12 am »
My sense of balance was altered following a cardiac arrest.  Physical therapy helped me regain some of that balance, but last year, my right ear blew out at a rock concert.  Had an awful case of vertigo as a result.  Fortunately, that vertigo has eased considerably, but it's a helluva thing to move your head a certain way and have the room start spinning. 

One thing I found out with the vertigo is that Tylenol makes it worse.  Maybe not for everyone, but it did for me. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2017, 02:00:06 am »
One thing I found out with the vertigo is that Tylenol makes it worse.  Maybe not for everyone, but it did for me.

Tylenol is poison, it makes everything worse, while ruining your liver.  Do it a favor and drink Scotch, it's better than Tylenol (or less worse).  I'm serious.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2017, 02:13:33 am »
Tylenol is poison, it makes everything worse, while ruining your liver.  Do it a favor and drink Scotch, it's better than Tylenol (or less worse).  I'm serious.

My wife was having a issue a while back and told my daughter about what was going on.  My daughter immediately went through the house and found every bottle of Tylenol on the place, threw them in the trash, and told here not to buy anymore of that stuff ever!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 02:14:40 am by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2017, 02:20:16 am »
My wife was having a issue a while back and told my daughter about what was going on.  My daughter immediately went through the house and found every bottle of Tylenol on the place, threw them in the trash, and told here not to buy anymore of that stuff ever!

Your daughter is very wise, and if I wasn't an old fart I'd marry her. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2017, 02:26:11 am »
Your daughter is very wise, and if I wasn't an old fart I'd marry her.

I forgot to mention that problem my wife was having went away all by itself shortly after all that happened.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2017, 02:30:17 am »
I forgot to mention that problem my wife was having went away all by itself shortly after all that happened.

Shhh!  Your daughter is still very wise, and don't you forget it! 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2017, 08:49:18 pm »

Every drug, prescription or non-prescription, is to some extent a poison.  Even vitamins and herbal supplements can have risks. 

Unfortunately, I can't take regular aspirin -- wreaks havoc with my digestive system.  And ibuprofen and naproxin clash with meds I already take or they are risky for certain health conditions. 

That said, when it comes to ordinary pain like a headache, I try to emulate my grandmother.  She never took medication for anything.  If she had a headache,  she would just lie down till it was over. 

She lived to be 90, so maybe she was on to something there.