Author Topic: A Mural of Michelle Obama as an Egyptian Queen Unveiled in Chicago- People Immediately Notice the Image is Stolen  (Read 947 times)

rangerrebew

A Mural of Michelle Obama as an Egyptian Queen Unveiled in Chicago- People Immediately Notice the Image is Stolen

By Thomas | Featured Commentator | April 24, 2017 12:33PM

Former First Lady was painted by Chicago-based artist Chris Devins as an Egyptian queen. It’s on display on the city’s South Side. He raised $15,000 on GoFundMe to paint it across the street from Bouchet Elementary. Michelle Obama attended the school when it was known as Bryn Mawr School.

But as soon as it went up, people immediately recognized it from another source. It’s a copy of another artist’s work!

Read more: http://thepoliticalinsider.com/michelle-obama-painting-unveiled-chicago-image-stolen/#ixzz4fRvqxJRg

rangerrebew

Citizens arrest, citizens arrest!!  Cultural appropriation, cultural appropriation!!  I thought liberals hated "appropriation", but I guess if its Moochelle they don't mind. :whistle:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 11:49:07 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
I don't see any Egyptian slaves in the background.

Offline Frank Cannon

I don't see any Egyptian slaves in the background.

They're inside the building.

Offline musiclady

May be a silly question, but why does anyone think it's "appropriate" to have Michelle dressed like an Egyptian queen?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Wingnut

Why can't they just put her image on a more appropriate canvass for someone of her stature and standing in the world.  Something like those Plush Black Velvet throw blankets they sell at the corner gas station and at flea markets.  They could call them. Moochelle. The Queen of Fleece.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 02:58:34 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
May be a silly question, but why does anyone think it's "appropriate" to have Michelle dressed like an Egyptian queen?
Black activists have been trying to misappropriate Arab culture for decades, because they are ashamed of real African culture. If they painted her as a real Black African, she would have rings on her neck, plates in her lips and ears, and feathers and clay in her hair.
Several Black activist groups claim that Egyptian culture is actually Black culture, and the pyramids, sphinx, etc. were all designed and built by Black kings and queens. This idea ignores the question, so...where did the Arabs come from, and when did they manage to take all this from the Black people who supposedly built it?
Other Black activists claim that they are the "real Hebrews", and all the figures in the Bible, including Jesus, were all Black, except the Romans.
The pattern is easy to see. Black activists want to claim that Black people in history were everything, except Black.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline musiclady

Black activists have been trying to misappropriate Arab culture for decades, because they are ashamed of real African culture. If they painted her as a real Black African, she would have rings on her neck, plates in her lips and ears, and feathers and clay in her hair.
Several Black activist groups claim that Egyptian culture is actually Black culture, and the pyramids, sphinx, etc. were all designed and built by Black kings and queens. This idea ignores the question, so...where did the Arabs come from, and when did they manage to take all this from the Black people who supposedly built it?
Other Black activists claim that they are the "real Hebrews", and all the figures in the Bible, including Jesus, were all Black, except the Romans.
The pattern is easy to see. Black activists want to claim that Black people in history were everything, except Black.

Thanks for the explanation.  I've heard about the attempts to appropriate Arab culture, but I didn't put the two together.

Makes sense.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

This is a real authentic Black African woman. If you had the choice of painting this, or an Egyptian queen, which would you choose? The answer is obvious.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Well if there was any reality in showing how she really is, shouldn't the image be of a bus sized fanny garbed in Egyptian dress?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I have a slightly different take on this.  When I see the painting on the building, I'm reminded of all those pictures we've seen from totalitarian countries of their "Fearless Leaders" in giant, building-size posters glaring down on the crowd.  Think Lenin, Stalin and Mao.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: