Author Topic: Trump says he may break up 9th Circuit Court after rulings go against him  (Read 1962 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump says he may break up 9th Circuit Court after rulings go against him
By John Bowden - 04/26/17 05:32 PM EDT

President Trump is considering breaking up the 9th Circuit Court after a federal district court judge in its jurisdiction blocked his order to withhold funding from "sanctuary cities."

In a Wednesday interview with the Washington Examiner, Trump said "there are many people who want to break up the 9th Circuit. It's outrageous."

In the interview, Trump accused liberals of "judge-shopping" for a court that would strike down his executive order.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/330757-trump-says-hes-absolutely-considering-breaking-up-court-that-blocked
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

And if he did no one would care.

Offline DiogenesLamp

And if he did no one would care.

I wouldn't say that,   but it wouldn't bother me at all that the people who care about it wouldn't like it.   

Yes,  i'm quite sure a lot of California Liberals will be appalled at the idea,   but I like it when they get the opposite of what they want. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Wingnut

There was a plan out there to divide/split it into a more  geographic representative court.   Not sure what that was all about.   

Offline Frank Cannon

There was a plan out there to divide/split it into a more  geographic representative court.   Not sure what that was all about.

It's about dividing and splitting the court into a more geographically representative entity.

Wingnut

It's about dividing and splitting the court into a more geographically representative entity.

So It's about dividing and splitting the court into a more geographically representative thing.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 10:29:28 pm by Wingnut »

Offline corbe

Frank as usual has it bass a$$ backwards, it's about splitting the court into a more Representative Geographically entity.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

Now I'm confused as hell.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The president has absolutely no say in this.  It is entirely up to the congress what does or doesn't happen to any fedral court other than SCOTUS.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

The president has absolutely no say in this.  It is entirely up to the congress what does or doesn't happen to any fedral court other than SCOTUS.

I thought so.

More Trump braggadocio with no substance behind it.

He knows people don't like the 9th Circus, so he brags that he can break it up.

But he can't.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I thought so.

More Trump braggadocio with no substance behind it.

He knows people don't like the 9th Circus, so he brags that he can break it up.

But he can't.

Even if he could, we would just end up with two full courts instead of one.

Offline DiogenesLamp

This is what I was thinking,  and with these milquetoasts in charge,  I doubt any significant action will be taken. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The Federal Court Districts as well as the Federal Reserve Districts were established long ago when the West was only a small population, compared to the Northeast.

They have never been adjusted, hence they are disproportionately large in both population and geographic areas covered.

It should be adjusted.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
He must have misspoke. He meant to say Congress should break up the 9th Circuit, not that he would... right?

"The judicial power of the United States, shall be vested in one Supreme Court, and in such inferior courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish."

IE, he doesn't have the authority.

Offline libertybele

Ted Cruz: It’s ‘a possibility’ to break up the 9th Circuit Court

.........“I think there’s certainly a possibility,” Cruz said. “The 9th Circuit is the largest federal court of appeals. I think many of the western states are weighted down by California.”

“California has a ton of very liberal, left-wing judges that they put on the 9th Circuit. I think a lot of the other western states would love to be freed from that corrosive left-wing influence,” he continued. “I think that’s a topic I can easily see the [Senate] Judiciary Committee taking up, and we’ll have to see whether we have to votes to do that or not.”........

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/04/27/ted-cruz-its-a-possibility-to-break-up-the-9th-circuit-court/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

geronl

The 9th circuit should only encompass CA, WA and OR, in my opinion

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Ted Cruz: It’s ‘a possibility’ to break up the 9th Circuit Court

.........“I think there’s certainly a possibility,” Cruz said. “The 9th Circuit is the largest federal court of appeals. I think many of the western states are weighted down by California.”

“California has a ton of very liberal, left-wing judges that they put on the 9th Circuit. I think a lot of the other western states would love to be freed from that corrosive left-wing influence,” he continued. “I think that’s a topic I can easily see the [Senate] Judiciary Committee taking up, and we’ll have to see whether we have to votes to do that or not.”........

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/04/27/ted-cruz-its-a-possibility-to-break-up-the-9th-circuit-court/

That's a far cry from Trump doing it unilaterally.

Personally I'd like to see Montana, Idaho, and Nevada given to the 8th and 10th.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
RE the map above.

California and Hawaii should be their own district.

Split Utah from the 10th and add Arizona and Nevada for another district.

Split Wyoming from the 10th, add Idaho, Montana and Alaska.

Oregon and Washington can become their own district.

Split Nebraska from the 8th and add it to the 10th.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Trump is a dope, the President doesn't "break up" courts. Good lord this guy is a moron.

I'd have no problem breaking up the 9th but man, having this guy in charge is scary.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Every word Newt says here is true! Historical fact!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiX1xVb82Vs&feature=youtu.be

« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 01:56:36 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Done legallly and constitutionally, I'd make it happen. We are in a war with leftists. Kick their teeth in, bust their skulls, and chop 'em off at the knees. This will help.

Also, in that package Congress needs to pass language that makes a lower court ruling only valid in their jurisdiction, and must come up as a separate case to be valid in another. Only SCOTUS should determine nation wide application.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 05:56:51 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The 9th circuit should only encompass CA, WA and OR, in my opinion

It would be those states, plus HI and the US Possessions like Guam.  Since I'm in AZ that would be fine with me.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Every word Newt says here is true! Historical fact!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiX1xVb82Vs&feature=youtu.be

I think going the extra step of dissolving the current Ninth and then replacing it with two new circuits would be a good idea.  We could douche all the Corruptocrats out completely that way. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I think going the extra step of dissolving the current Ninth and then replacing it with two new circuits would be a good idea.  We could douche all the Corruptocrats out completely that way.

Exactamundo!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak
@Weird Tolkienish Figure

He has gone back to his "many people" say/do/want/will/will not/tell me, meaningless words when he wants to do something:

"there are many people who want to break up the 9th Circuit. It's outrageous."  If someone/a group, does something he doesn't like, he will try to remove them/destroy them.  If he gets this group of judges broken up, he will go after ANY judge in the future that he doesn't like.  He prefers to have NO judges so he can do what he wants, lawful or not.  If he had his way, he would remove all judges and all of congress; he is a dictator in his mind.  He is the worst president in history.  I don't think he will last four years.

A Bible scholar I know, believes Christ is likely to come back for his church, this coming June.  I hope that is true.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 05:47:24 pm by Victoria33 »