Author Topic: "Spit on the Cross or Die!" Muslim Persecution of Christians  (Read 377 times)

rangerrebew

"Spit on the Cross or Die!" Muslim Persecution of Christians
« on: April 26, 2017, 09:47:54 pm »
"Spit on the Cross or Die!" Muslim Persecution of Christians, January 2017
by RAYMOND IBRAHIM
April 19, 2017

Tragic stories of Christian experiences under the Islamic State continued to emerge throughout the month of January.  A Christian doctor who forfeited the chance to escape his Syrian village after ISIS had captured it because he wanted to stay and help the sick and needy, both Christian and Muslim, was kidnapped by the Muslim terrorists and ordered to renounce Christ for Muhammad.  When he refused, they publicly slaughtered him.  Similarly, after ISIS ordered another Christian youth in Syria to embrace Islam, he too refused and was slaughtered for it.  His mother-who was prevented from burying her martyred son's body-recalled that when ISIS first invaded their village, he reminded her of Jesus' assertion in the New Testament: "If you deny me before men I will deny you before the Father."

After ISIS raided the home of Zarefa, an elderly Christian woman in Iraq, they discovered crucifixes and Christian icons. "They forced me to spit on the Cross," she recalled. "I told them that it was not appropriate, that it was a sin. He said that I must spit. ‘Don't you see that I have a gun?' he asked me. I said to myself, ‘Oh, the Cross! I am weak, I will spit on you. But Lord, I ask you to take revenge for me. I cannot escape from this.'"  According to the report, "The shame is still visible on Zarefa's face when she recounts the memory; her town, Qaraqosh, is liberated now, but she is still recovering from the traumatic two years that are only just behind her."

Read more: Family Security Matters http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/publications/detail/spit-on-the-cross-or-die-muslim-persecution-of-christians-january-2017?f=news#ixzz4fOWlHkKd
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution