Author Topic: Exclusive interview: Trump 'absolutely' looking at breaking up 9th Circuit  (Read 685 times)

rangerrebew

Exclusive interview: Trump 'absolutely' looking at breaking up 9th Circuit
by Sarah Westwood | Apr 26, 2017, 5:00 PM

President Trump said Wednesday that he has "absolutely" considered proposals that would split up the 9th Circuit, where judges have blocked two of his executive actions.

"Absolutely, I have," Trump said of considering 9th circuit breakup proposals during a far-ranging interview with the Washington Examiner at the White House on Wednesday. "There are many people that want to break up the 9th Circuit. It's outrageous."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/exclusive-interview-trump-absolutely-looking-at-breaking-up-9th-circuit/article/2621379
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 09:42:48 pm by rangerrebew »

geronl

I am pretty sure that would take an act of Congress, plus those federal judges would still be federal judges

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I am pretty sure that would take an act of Congress, plus those federal judges would still be federal judges

While I'm not opposed to splitting up the court I believe you are correct plus I think it just means there will be a new federal court.

Offline DiogenesLamp

While I'm not opposed to splitting up the court I believe you are correct plus I think it just means there will be a new federal court.

Which perhaps he can pack with people other than kook-bat liberals?   Does he have to give the jobs to existing Justices on the 9th?   I hope not. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I posted this in another thread, but will repeat it here:
==================================
It's time for Trump to stand up against these judges.

He should announce "the Trump doctrine", concerning the relationship between the Executive and the Courts, to wit:

1. The opinion or ruling of a single federal court judge is not of sufficient Constitutional power to bind the Executive or create national policy.

2. The opinion or ruling of an en banc session of the judges of a Federal District Appellate court will be binding, but on that district only.

3. Only an opinion or ruling issued by the United States Supreme Court will be binding on the entire nation, or upon Executive enforcement insofar as that extends to the entire nation.

Of course, the left and the media will howl.
Let them.

This will force the issue before the Supreme Court.
That's the intent.

IF the high court strikes down this doctrine, so be it.

But I don't think they will.
Why should a Supreme Court Justice concede that a lowly federal district court judge has the same "power" to halt the federal government or establish national policy as does the Justice who occupies a seat on the Supreme Court?
Such power renders them all-but superfluous.

It's worth a try.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I posted this in another thread, but will repeat it here:
==================================
It's time for Trump to stand up against these judges.

It's worth a try.

I agree very strongly. The wife in San Bernardino was not properly vetted, and they killed 14 people. I feel Trump's order is trying to prevent that sort of mistake.

For political reasons, these judges are putting my family's, my friends' and my neighbors'  personal safety and wellbeing at risk.

One Obama partisan should NOT have that power. Congress should be all over this, like today.

But it might interfere with Ryan's vacation, his recess or his slow walking power play.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln