Author Topic: Marine Le Pen: Ban halal and all ritual slaughter  (Read 786 times)

rangerrebew

Marine Le Pen: Ban halal and all ritual slaughter
« on: April 26, 2017, 09:18:20 pm »
Marine Le Pen: Ban halal and all ritual slaughter
April 25, 2017 1:53pm   

(JTA) – Marine Le Pen, the far-right candidate in the French presidential elections, said she would ban halal slaughter of animals if she is elected, along with any other method of ritual slaughter without stunning.

Le Pen, who finished second with 21.5 percent of the vote in the first round of the elections Sunday, made the statement Tuesday on halal slaughter during a campaign visit at a meat market near Paris. She did not mention shechitah, the kosher slaughter of animals, but did say she wanted to outlaw any slaughter of animals without stunning.

http://www.jta.org/2017/04/25/news-opinion/world/marine-le-pen-ban-halal-and-all-ritual-slaughter
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 09:19:15 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Marine Le Pen: Ban halal and all ritual slaughter
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 10:36:46 pm »
"She did not mention shechitah, the kosher slaughter of animals, but did say she wanted to outlaw any slaughter of animals without stunning."

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Are animals stunned before slaughter during a kosher ritual?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 10:37:31 pm »
Kosher?

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 10:46:20 pm »
"She did not mention shechitah, the kosher slaughter of animals, but did say she wanted to outlaw any slaughter of animals without stunning."

The problem is in the definition of the word "stunning".  They will claim that slicing an animal's throat rapidly with a sharp blade is "stunning", so they will say, "yes, it's stunned".

But what you're asking about, "stunned before slaughter", they call "pre-stunning" and it is not allowed.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 01:44:41 am »
Kosher slaughter is the most humane form of animal killing.  Here is the difference between kosher vs. halal.

Kosher – requires the animal be slaughtered quickly and humanely, strictly forbidding cruel slow methods like strangulation.

Halal – requires the animal be bled out in agony while sick people who get off watching that kind of thing have a “festival.”

Kosher – requires the blood be drained cleanly from the *carcass* of the humanely killed animal, removing toxins released from cells into the bloodstream at the moment of death from the meat.

Halal –leaves the meat *filled* with toxins released at the moment of death because the blood is removed while the animal is dying and therefore is not present in sufficient quantities to remove those last toxins.

Kosher – contains little to no cortisol or norepenepherine (two stress chemicals that are similar enough from mammal to mammal to cross species) because the animal to be killed is treated well before it is put down and is generally not frightened as it is put down (because in a truly kosher slaughter situation, animals cannot be slaughtered in a sequential fashion, as the waste of one could contaminate the next, so they are not exposed to the “scent of death” the way non-kosher culls are).

Halal – animals watch other animals die during the blood letting festival, smelling their fear and raising their own stress. These stress chemicals “marinate” the meat in hormones known to raise levels of aggression and violence in nearly all mammal species (including human).
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2017, 04:53:03 pm »
Kosher slaughter is the most humane form of animal killing.

BS.

Stunning an animal, knocking it unconcious, before slitting its throat is far more humane, no matter how fast you slice.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2017, 04:56:56 pm »
Kosher?

Exactly what I came to say.

Also, Hindus who eat meat have a required ritual called jhatka.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2017, 05:16:16 pm »
BS.

Stunning an animal, knocking it unconcious, before slitting its throat is far more humane, no matter how fast you slice.

Read the Apocryphon of John.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2017, 05:53:44 pm »
Kosher and halal killing is barbaric. Frickin religious bullsh*t  Look at the Youtube vidoes.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 05:54:23 pm by mirraflake »

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2017, 05:58:22 pm »

Nope

@Fishrrman

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2017, 06:31:30 pm »
We do ritual slaughter. My son is putting in for moose this year.

Oceander

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2017, 08:05:45 pm »
She loves stepping into stupid sh$t, doesn't she. 

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2017, 12:15:53 am »
I don't think it's "stupid".

Sounds reasonable to me.
Ban halal.
And from what I've read above ban kosher, as well.
No problems with that here.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2017, 04:33:46 am »
+++++++++

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2017, 12:15:09 pm »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2017, 01:05:05 pm »
My paternal grandfather was a butcher, as was his father. All sons in the family were butchers except the first born son who became a Rabbi. It was like that in the old country, and they kind of kept it going for the first generation here after they got through Ellis Island.

Anyway, since he's long dead now, my understanding is grandpa said some prayers to the chickens he slaughtered (those were the only animals he killled. He got his cows already dead), and then apologized to them for what he was going to do. He prayed a good ten minutes for every bird before he cut the poor head off.

I know he kept hens for eggs. I also know he would bury the heads and the feet of the carcasses with dignity. He buried the hens with ritual when they died of old age.

I don't think he liked his job much. I know he was thrilled to retire to Miami back in the 70s and eat at Wolfie's every day, and read in the sunshine
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 01:08:42 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️