Author Topic: Cardinal Dolan blasts DNC: “Radical,” “disturbing” demand for abortion loyalty  (Read 428 times)

rangerrebew

Cardinal Dolan blasts DNC: “Radical,” “disturbing” demand for abortion loyalty
posted at 4:41 pm on April 26, 2017 by Ed Morrissey

Don’t expect Cardinal Timothy Dolan to deliver any benedictions for the DNC, at least in the near term. The prelate for New York blasted Democrats for imposing a loyalty pledge for Democratic candidates to support abortion, calling it “radical” and “disturbing” in a statement issued today through the US Conference of Catholic Bishops. The former USCCB president called on Democrats to demand a retraction of this position:

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/04/26/cardinal-dolan-blasts-dnc-radical-disturbing-demand-abortion-loyalty/
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 09:03:54 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

I'll bet the Holy See doesn't see ^-^ a problem with this.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I'll bet the Holy See doesn't see ^-^ a problem with this.

I don't get your point.   The Vatican's position is to advocate for life, from beginning to end.   It's disturbing that this consistent view of the sanctity of life and the human soul (anti-abortion, anti-euthanasia, anti-death penalty) is forbidden with respect to anyone running for office as a Democrat.

What's also disturbing is how radical and fascist the Democratic position is.   It appears that one cannot even advocate for an official position in favor of advising a patient of her right to view an ultrasound.   I've said time and again that persuasion is the key to reducing the number of abortions.   Are Dems so radical that they seek to disavow anyone who dares to seek to inform women of the nature of what abortion is?

I understand why so many Dems defend the legal right to abortion,  but enforced silence regarding the nature of the procedure?  if that isn't fascism,  then I don't know what is.         
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 09:16:11 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide