Author Topic: Strong Women Should NEVER Do These Things For a Man — or Anyone Else  (Read 1902 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Nicole Yi
PopSugar
April 20, 2017

...Ladies, don't ever do the following five things for a man — or for anyone.

1. Change your appearance...

2. Compromise your passions...

3. Wait for his approval...

4. Cancel already-set plans...

5. Let him change who you are...
More

This women, Nicole Yi, the author of this article, is a feminist lunatic.

If you want to read the comments, scroll down and click on "Join the conversation."

This article was also published at MSN. Once again, scroll down and read "JOIN THE CONVERSATION." The comments here are much more numerous.

Dennis Prager discussed this article today:

This could be retitled — How Not to Get Married. Feminism is dedicated to making women unhappy.

Offline Frank Cannon

This appears to be written by a know nothing self centered bitch who lives alone.

Nicole Yi
Assistant Editor of Love & Sex and Smart Living
First Post 1 year ago

"I'm the reason men buy a Real Doll."

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
How about if a strong woman does whatever the hell she wants and not take advice from dumb articles?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
How about if a strong woman does whatever the hell she wants and not take advice from dumb articles?

:thumbsup:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Like I say whenever I see an article telling me how a "real man" is supposed to act...

"Real men" don't need to take unsolicited advice from random blokes on the Internet telling them how to be a "real man."

The same goes for women as well.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I've found that women who feel a need to tell everyone who strong they are, seldom are.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.

Works for strong men, too.

I don't suppose the author ever considered that men and women do things like that for each other.
Though I'd draw the line at changing each other, I'd no sooner let a woman try to change me as
would I try to change her, it'd be disrespectful to both of us.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Nicole Yi
This last name gives me a lame excuse to post this video. (And before anyone cries racist, if there were a good pun around the name of any other ethnicity, I'd be using it, too.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6EoRBvdVPQ

Offline corbe

Personally, I wish women in general would spend less time on this tripe and more time reading the hot sex articles in COSMO.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
But I guarantee THAT MAN better jump, snap, and fetch whenever she says so, and better have all his ducks in a row right down the checklist.

Feminists are almost always a one way street of self-righteous hypocrisy and passive/agressive domination.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mirraflake

Re: Strong Women Should NEVER Do These Things For a Man — or Anyone Else
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2017, 08:58:48 pm »
...Ladies, don't ever do the following five things for a man — or for anyone.

1. Change your appearance...

2. Compromise your passions...

3. Wait for his approval...

4. Cancel already-set plans...

5. Let him change who you are...

My wife is fiercely independent and so am I.   I don;t really have a problem with the list though I nor she would ever do something that would hurt each other or get the other offended or mad. . I would be ticked if my wife tried to pull any of those 5 on me.  Would never do any of the 5 on  the list though I did tell her the new haircut the new hairdresser gave her looked like crap and she went back to  the old style.

She told me on our first date she goes to  horse shows all summer and spends a ungodly amount of time and money on her horses  and that would never change and if I had  a problem with that let her her know now as that we be the end of our dating...well I told her I go to car shows all summer and spend a ungodly amount of time and money on my cars so we are even and we both laughed.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 09:09:56 pm by mirraflake »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2017, 09:11:56 pm »
But I guarantee THAT MAN better jump, snap, and fetch whenever she says so, and better have all his ducks in a row right down the checklist.

Feminists are almost always a one way street of self-righteous hypocrisy and passive/agressive domination.
"I can be late for a date, that's fine, but he'd better be on time." —Shania Twain

Silver Pines

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2017, 11:41:12 pm »

I don't think a man or a woman should try to change who the other person is; that's a recipe for disaster. 

But not cancelling plans for a man?  So, what...a woman should make it clear that her friends, etc. come before him? 

As for the appearance thing, for some reason feminists have a deep loathing of women dressing for men or making themselves more attractive for them.

Offline berdie

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2017, 03:49:40 am »
I guess it depends on what point the relationship is.

when dating, no I wouldn't do any of those things. When serious or married...that changes the equation. I wouldn't change who I am...nor should he. But certain concessions happen in a committed relationship.

Like maybe if my husband doesn't like piercings...I shouldn't get my lip pierced.

(like I would EVER do that anyway!!)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2017, 07:35:48 am »
Like I say whenever I see an article telling me how a "real man" is supposed to act...

"Real men" don't need to take unsolicited advice from random blokes on the Internet telling them how to be a "real man."

The same goes for women as well.
I agree. I read those articles for the fun of it. Besides, if people suddenly start acting like they say in the article, you know who is reading that stuff.

Sometimes, though, I just can't get through them. They overload the 'stupid meter' and I have to move on.

Mrs. Joe is a strong woman. Not huge or even heavily muscled, but one of the most resilient people I have ever met. It is a toughness that is soft and gentle, but deep down, she has earned my respect, just knowing some of what she endured before we wed (and putting up with me, too :laugh:). She's one to run the river with.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2017, 12:02:23 pm »
Though I'd draw the line at changing each other, I'd no sooner let a woman try to change me as
would I try to change her, it'd be disrespectful to both of us.

I got my husband to change his voter registration from Democrat to Republican. 
I have no regrets. 
 :laugh:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2017, 12:30:02 pm »
I got my husband to change his voter registration from Democrat to Republican. 
I have no regrets. 
 :laugh:

Post of the day, you win the interwebs!
The Republic is lost.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2017, 12:49:46 pm »
I think Billy Joel said it best.

"don't go changing to try to please me"

:0006:

(We don't have a piano man emoji)
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2017, 01:04:59 pm »
Had a girlfriend like that once. Such a shame.
She was very beautiful women, but she refused to wear any make up or to dress up nice. She thought it was silly. I thought it was hot. Funny thing is, she knew I liked a girly girl, so whenever I saw her putting on makeup in her pajamas at 11pm after a shower, I knew it was going to be a fun night. That was her signal.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2017, 01:19:50 pm »
If you're not willing to change to make your significant other happy then you have a problem.   Of course it depends on the change and some basic personality traits are nearly impossible to change.

but small things?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2017, 01:22:09 pm »

:0006:

(We don't have a piano man emoji)

@Freya

Here you go:

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2017, 02:11:19 pm »
If you're not willing to change to make your significant other happy then you have a problem.   Of course it depends on the change and some basic personality traits are nearly impossible to change.

but small things?

Changed my behavior lots of times. In bootcamp, aboard ship, in jail, with a roommate, etc. Anytime you're living with another person/persons, your behavior necessarily has to change.

Not changing is the same as not recognizing that the other person has needs/rights too. It is immature, passive aggressive, nonsense. But I'm sure that no woman would ever be passive aggressive, including the author. Right?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 02:12:44 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline musiclady

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2017, 02:15:45 pm »

Nailed it!

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2017, 02:28:00 pm »

The best that can be said is that you're not responsible for the ear-worm; I had the same thought.  You are, however, responsible for making it worse.