Author Topic: UN contacted Trump administration on ObamaCare repeal: report  (Read 458 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

UN contacted Trump administration on ObamaCare repeal: report
The Hill, Apr 26, 2017, Mark Hensch

The United Nations contacted the Trump administration earlier this year about its efforts to repeal ObamaCare, according to a new report.

The U.N.’s “urgent appeal” asked whether scrapping ObamaCare without a suitable replacement would violate global law, The Washington Post reported Tuesday.

The Post reported that the Feb. 2 memo was sent from the Office of the U.N. High Commissioner on Human Rights (OHCHR) in Geneva.

“Recent reports have assessed the negative impact that this reform may have on the right to health of almost 30 million people in the U.S.,” the letter says. “I wish to express serious concern over the impact of these measures on the rights to the enjoyment of the highest sustainable standard of physical and mental health and the right to social security of the people in the United States of America.”

Dainius Puras, the “special Rapporteur on the right of everyone to the enjoyment of the highest attainable standard of physical and mental health,” signed the memo.

Dainius Puras, the “special Rapporteur on the right of everyone to the enjoyment of the highest attainable standard of physical and mental health,” signed the memo.

Xabier Celaya, an OHCHR spokesman, told the Post that Puras signed the letter but cannot comment on it until it becomes public.

Puras reportedly plans on discussing the inquiry at the U.N. Human Rights Council’s next session in June.

More:  http://thehill.com/policy/international/un-treaties/330586-un-contacted-trump-admin-on-obamacare-report

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: UN contacted Trump administration on ObamaCare repeal: report
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 04:31:27 pm »
Is it time to bulldoze the UN building (w/o notice) and replace it with a shopping mall?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 04:35:17 pm »
Is it time to bulldoze the UN building (w/o notice) and replace it with a shopping mall?

It's long past time for us to get the hell out of the UN and stop funding it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

geronl

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 04:39:09 pm »
The first line is a lie, there was no effort to repeal it. Just revise it a bit.