Author Topic: In Trump era, Rachel Maddow starts beating Fox News  (Read 1567 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
In Trump era, Rachel Maddow starts beating Fox News
« on: April 25, 2017, 09:52:22 pm »
In Trump era, Rachel Maddow starts beating Fox News
by Brian Stelter   @brianstelter April 25, 2017: 9:29 AM ET

Fox News normally ranks #1 among cable news channels. But lately MSNBC's Rachel Maddow has been challenging Fox at 9 p.m., the centerpiece of the prime time schedule.

"The Rachel Maddow Show" surpassed "Tucker Carlson Tonight" in March among 25- to 54-year-old viewers, the demographic that determines advertising rates.

Maddow was on track to win again in April. But on Monday night the cable news ratings race changed dramatically. Carlson moved from 9 p.m. to 8, replacing Bill O'Reilly, and Fox's 5 p.m. talk show "The Five" moved to 9.

more
http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/24/media/msnbc-rachel-maddow-winning-ratings/index.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Re: In Trump era, Rachel Maddow starts beating Fox News
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 09:58:56 pm »
Not that it's the only factor, but when Fox became a bunch of Trump lackeys, they doomed their future.

I'll be surprised if they recover.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 10:05:44 pm »
Not that it's the only factor, but when Fox became a bunch of Trump lackeys, they doomed their future.

I'll be surprised if they recover.

I haven't watched anything on FOX News since about June of last year.

It was bad enough when they abandoned objectivity to help their boyfriend win the nomination but the final straws were the insults.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 10:12:02 pm »
This is a bunch of crafty bullshit spin from CNN. They have an agenda to hate FOX news. Their ratings are in the toilet.

First off Carlson is not up against Madcow anymore and in the 8pm timeslot he is running around 3 million viewers. The show running against Madcow now is also up ahead of her. She is 1 million viewers behind Carlson so I find it funny that all the CNN outlets wrote the same stupid story.

Overall, Fox News revamped lineup along with Hannity at 10 PM (2.6M viewers, 543K in the demo) won Monday night with an average of 2.8M viewers and 583K in the demo, bettering No. 2 MSNBC (1.8M viewers, 424M demo) and CNN (955K viewers, 329K). Compared to the same day a year ago, Fox News’ primetime average is up double digits in both viewership (31%) and the demo (54%).

http://deadline.com/2017/04/tucker-carlson-ratings-bill-oreilly-replacement-the-five-fox-news-1202077055/

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 10:23:07 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2017/04/25/tucker-carlson-dominates-ratings-first-night-8-p-m-time-slot/
Tucker Carlson Dominates Cable News Ratings in First Night at New Time Slot
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 10:26:20 pm »
FOX News Channel is basically a mouthpiece and cheerleader for Trump, which makes it unreliable for actual news.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 11:04:23 pm »
I haven't watched anything on FOX News since about June of last year.

It was bad enough when they abandoned objectivity to help their boyfriend win the nomination but the final straws were the insults.

Same here.  I doubt I'll ever watch FOX again.   I find it quite refreshing to have the extra time after being nauseated by their collective crushes on an indecent man who wasn't qualified to be President no matter how his 'qualities' were spun....

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2017, 11:05:18 pm »
FOX News Channel is basically a mouthpiece and cheerleader for Trump, which makes it unreliable for actual news.

Exactly.  They have always leaned toward the right from the beginning, but had some semblance of objectivity.

Not post Trump.

It's unwatchable.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2017, 11:30:41 pm »
There's nothing really surprising here;  right wing talk radio (and Fox news) flourished when conservatives were in dissent,  in resistance.  Now its the Dems who seethe righteous anger,  and tune in with baited breath as each termite gets a chomp in on Trump.   

Compounding the matter, as posts in this thread suggest,  a lot of conservatives are just contrarians that got to bitch to survive.   Trump won,  the GOP held Congress, and conservatives are still pissy.  And declaring, with the piety of a reformed drunk, they'll not watch Fox news again.   

It's rather pathetic how conservatives are throwing it all away.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2017, 11:48:09 pm »
There's nothing really surprising here;  right wing talk radio (and Fox news) flourished when conservatives were in dissent,  in resistance.  Now its the Dems who seethe righteous anger,  and tune in with baited breath as each termite gets a chomp in on Trump.   

Compounding the matter, as posts in this thread suggest,  a lot of conservatives are just contrarians that got to bitch to survive.   Trump won,  the GOP held Congress, and conservatives are still pissy.  And declaring, with the piety of a reformed drunk, they'll not watch Fox news again.   

It's rather pathetic how conservatives are throwing it all away.   

Thanks for all the ugly insults with a sprinkling of lies, @Jazzhead .

You've become a totally different person lately.  I hope you get over whatever is wrong with you........ 

btw, conservatives didn't throw anything away.  The Republican Party threw US away last May.

But we'll survive, because we're principled.  No phony piety........ just principles.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2017, 12:07:26 am »
Thanks for all the ugly insults with a sprinkling of lies, @Jazzhead .

You've become a totally different person lately.  I hope you get over whatever is wrong with you........ 

btw, conservatives didn't throw anything away.  The Republican Party threw US away last May.

But we'll survive, because we're principled.  No phony piety........ just principles.

Forget Trump.   The GOP holds both houses of Congress.  All we have to do is get together.   Be pragmatic.

The reformed drunk stands on principle above all else.    Well - here is my principle - Now is the hour.   A GOP Congress and a President that'll sign what we pass.

Yes, I've changed -  I'm sick and frustrated at conservatives so willing to throw the chance away.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline flowers

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2017, 12:14:33 am »

dang wish all of you knew ML before Trump....she was such a nice person before him.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2017, 12:32:37 am »
  dang wish all of you knew ML before Trump....she was such a nice person before him.

Yes, she certainly was.      :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2017, 12:40:47 am »
More like "In an era where three out of four of Fox News's prime time stars were either forced out or left in scandal, MSNBC can barely catch up."
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline JannTosh

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2017, 04:58:39 am »
Nope.

Both Tucker and The Five beat Madcow

https://www.google.com/amp/www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/live-feed/tv-ratings-tucker-carlson-tops-first-night-at-8-oclock-997188

And Some of The Five are not Trump ass lockers in any way