Author Topic: Ted Cruz Introduces Bill for $14 Billion Seized from ‘El Chapo’ to Fund Border Wall  (Read 5274 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: BREITBART

URL: http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/04/25/ted-cruz-calls-14-billion-seized-el-chapo-fund-border-wall/

by Bob Price

Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) introduced a bill calling for the use of $14 billion seized from cartel drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman to be used to pay for the President’s border wall between the U.S. and Mexico.
Fourteen billion dollars will go a long way toward building a wall that will keep Americans safe and hinder the illegal flow of drugs, weapons, and individuals across our southern border,” Senator Cruz stated, according to a statement obtained by Breitbart Texas from the senator’s office. “Ensuring the safety and security of Texans is one of my top priorities.”

The Texas senator said that leveraging criminally forfeited assets from El Chapo and other Mexican cartel members and drug dealers can “offset the wall’s cost and make meaningful progress toward achieving President Trump’s stated border security objectives.”

Senator Cruz introduced the Ensuring Lawful Collection of Hidden Assets to Provide Order (EL CHAPO) Act on Tuesday. “The U.S. Government is currently seeking the criminal forfeiture of more than $14 billion in drug proceeds and illicit profits from El Chapo, the former leader of the Sinaloa drug cartel who was recently extradited to the U.S. to face criminal prosecution for numerous alleged drug-related crimes, including conspiracy to commit murder and money laundering,” Cruz stated.

The Mexican government extradited the former Mexican drug kingpin in January, Breitbart Texas’ Ildefonso Ortiz reported. The move to an American prison cell followed months of court battles in Mexico and multiple escapes from prison by Guzman. As part of the agreement with Mexico, Guzman will not face the death penalty in the U.S. for his crimes. Prosecutors filed murder charges against the former drug lord in relation to the killings of a U.S. citizen and two relatives.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 09:43:26 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline libertybele

Go Ted!  IMHO once again trying to save the party and Trump's butt!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I can't figure out what the heck is wrong with this idea.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline SirLinksALot

Nothing really, all the GOP needs is the WILL to pass it.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
It actually makes sense.

Online corbe

There are many ways that Mexico can indirectly pay for The Wall, and this is one of them.
   I do so love my Senator, and in spite of what Frank says, I'm heterosexual.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

"to be used to pay for the President’s border wall"

Whose wall?

Take off the knee pads guys.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
That is beautiful!

Online corbe

Make no mistake here @InHeavenThereIsNoBeer  this is Trump's Wall and when it's done, and it will be, He'll take Full Credit and rightfully so.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

geronl

Make no mistake here @InHeavenThereIsNoBeer  this is Trump's Wall and when it's done, and it will be, He'll take Full Credit and rightfully so.

Conservatives have been trying to get a wall for decades, even while Trump was toasting DREAMERs and making deals with Soros.

Offline libertybele

Right ... with those 'little hands' it just may take a bit longer.  :silly:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

Two Words: Lyin' Ted.

He probably will funnel the money into assassination operations for his father and the rest will go to a Goldman Sachs fund dedicated to drowning puppies.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 10:54:52 pm by Frank Cannon »

Online corbe

Two Words: Lyin' Ted.

He probably will funnel the money into assassination operations for his father and the rest will go to a Goldman Sachs fund dedicated to drowning puppies.

That's simply not true @Frank Cannon but it will be reported that way by the National Enquirer.
   Trump/Pecker deal negotiated over meatloaf at Mar-A-Lago.

Offline bolobaby

What's wrong with this idea? I'll tell you what is wrong...

The whole federal government is not about good ideas, it's about this:

How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Please don't forget that it was none other than Ted Cruz who supported a border wall back in 2012.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEgJh-1i1Cw

I reckon you can get a lot done if you don't worry so much about who gets the credit.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

Nothing really, all the GOP needs is the WILL to pass it.

Time to make some phone calls or send e-mails to our Senators asking them to support this Bill.  It appears that this bill hasn't been assigned a number yet; S.????

https://www.cruz.senate.gov/files/documents/Bills/20170425_EL%20CHAPO%20Act.pdf

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Time to make some phone calls or send e-mails to our Senators asking them to support this Bill.  It appears that this bill hasn't been assigned a number yet; S.????

https://www.cruz.senate.gov/files/documents/Bills/20170425_EL%20CHAPO%20Act.pdf

Bump.  They seem to bend easily to pressure.  Let's pressure them.

Offline Idiot

Wonderful idea!  Go Ted go! 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I gotta support it just because I dig the acronym.    :beer:
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline libertybele

Bump.  They seem to bend easily to pressure.  Let's pressure them.

Absolutely ... Rubio should support this ... as for Nelson ...he's useless, but I'll call his office anyways and e-mail, and fax ... I don't mind being a pain at all.

Offline Mom MD

Its a brilliant solution to the problem.  One all republicans should be able to get behind.  I'd like to see this pass. Now if Ted could come up with something that elegant for health care.  I know - repeal the thing.....
God is still in control

Offline libertybele

Its a brilliant solution to the problem.  One all republicans should be able to get behind.  I'd like to see this pass. Now if Ted could come up with something that elegant for health care.  I know - repeal the thing.....

No doubt about it, Ted Cruz is brilliant (his professor at Harvard, Allen Dershowitz even said so).  Cruz came up with a healthcare plan awhile ago in Feb. of 2016 which featured three points:

1.  Creation of a nationwide marketplace

2.  Health savings accounts

3.  De-linking healthcare from the workplace.

He's been emphatic about repealing Bammycare for quite awhile and he also knows that if the GOP doesn't deliver on this and the wall, they're done.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 03:33:23 am by libertybele »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Could it be that most of the assets are not in US possession?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Could it be that most of the assets are not in US possession?

The article says: "$14 billion seized from cartel drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman". 

Offline skeeter

The article says: "$14 billion seized from cartel drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman".

I believe those assets are scattered around in various countries in the region, and that most are in Mexico. But Mexico, being basically a narcocracy with a weak central government, lacks the forfeiture laws strong enough to collect them. Of course their government is demanding rights to all El Chapo assets.