Author Topic: California Judge Blocks Trump Order on Sanctuary City Money  (Read 592 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
California Judge Blocks Trump Order on Sanctuary City Money
« on: April 25, 2017, 08:38:41 pm »
Tuesday, 25 Apr 2017 04:25 PM

Tuesday, 25 Apr 2017 04:25 PM

A federal judge in San Francisco has blocked a Trump administration order to withhold funding from communities that limit cooperation with U.S. immigration authorities.

U.S. District Judge William Orrick issued the temporary ruling Tuesday in a lawsuit over the executive order targeting so-called sanctuary cities. The decision will stay in place while the lawsuit moves through court.

The Republican president's administration and two California governments that sued over the order disagreed about its scope.

San Francisco and Santa Clara County argued that it threatened billions of dollars in federal funding.

But an attorney for the Justice Department, Chad Readler, said at a recent court hearing that it applied to a limited set of grants.

Readler said less than $1 million was at stake nationally and possibly no San Francisco funding.

more
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/judge-california-sanctuary-cities/2017/04/25/id/786347/
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 08:39:13 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: California Judge Blocks Trump Order on Sanctuary City Money
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 08:41:45 pm »
"The Republican president's administration and two [DEMOCRAT] California governments that sued over the order disagreed about its scope."

...what's fair is fair.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

geronl

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 08:42:01 pm »
Judges do not have power over spending

Offline Idiot

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 08:46:10 pm »
Proof right here that the law means NOTHING.  Think I'm going down to my local 7-11 and make a withdraw this evening.  When they haul me away I'll be saying....well the law doesn't apply to me....lolololol.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 09:40:14 pm »
Judges do not have power over spending

And neither does the president when it comes to already appropriated funds. Look up

Impoundment Act
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...