Author Topic: Rand Paul Perfectly Explains Why There is No Right to Healthcare in an Amazing Statement  (Read 3543 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Rand Paul Perfectly Explains Why There is No Right to Healthcare in an Amazing Statement

Continued: https://hillarydaily.com/brandon/2017/04/24/rand-paul-perfectly-explains-why-there-is-no-right-to-healthcare-in-an-amazing-statement/

A lesser-known website but I'm sure these are Rand Paul's own words and worth noting.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
A lesser-known website but I'm sure these are Rand Paul's own words and worth noting.
I vaguely recall this statement coming out a few years back, and I think, but I'm not totally sure off the top of my head, that it is indeed legit.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mirraflake

Rand Pauls statement is idiotic.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
So the idea of forcing someone to serve you to fulfill a "right" doesn't bother you?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

So the idea of forcing someone to serve you to fulfill a "right" doesn't bother you?
For that guy, no it doesn't.

The same philosophy for him exists to conscript bakers to bake a cake too.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline mirraflake

Rand Paul is using the words Slavery,enslaved. Slavery means free labor-not being compensated for your labor.

Rand Paul and all the other healthcare providers will be well paid, are well paid, and there are tens of thousands wanting those "slavery jobs" and there is  a waiting list in medical  and nursing schools.

Healthcare by singlepayer is not free. It's paid through taxes and the doctors and nurses will be compensated well. Paul is not forced to do his job. He can quit and do something else.

@jmyrlefuller
@IsailedawayfromFR
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 06:23:12 pm by mirraflake »

Offline r9etb

It is, indeed. 

Offline mirraflake

The Christian bakers are idiots. They sell every day to adulterers and fornicators which hurts this country more than  gay marriage every will via broken homes, out of wedlock preg etc and they don't think anything about because most likely they have done one or do both.

The Bible has as much condemnation for A&F as it does gay's. Christians are nothing but bullys over gays today and the American public realizes it.

@IsailedawayfromFR
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 06:30:20 pm by mirraflake »

Offline mirraflake

You were fired from your job right recently? Do You have health insurance at this time?

If you are in a major accident tomorrow are you going to be able to pay the $250,000 cost or will you declare bankruptcy and smooch it off the the premium payers who do have HI?

What happens if the doctors say @jmyrlefuller  Hcare is not a right, sorry and let you die. I'm certain with 100% certainty as you are writhing in pain on the gurney, gasping for air healthcare will be a right to you.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 06:36:28 pm by mirraflake »

Offline r9etb

The Christian bakers are idiots. They sell every day to adulterers and fornicators which hurts this country more than  gay marriage every will via broken homes, out of wedlock preg etc and they don't think anything about because most likely they have done one or do both.

The Bible has as much condemnation for A&F as it does gay's. Christians are nothing but bullys over gays today and the American public realizes it.

@IsailedawayfromFR

An interesting point. 

I'm of two minds on it -- mainly, what bothers me about the "you have to bake the cake" side of the issue is that the situations seem to have been created out of a totally vindictive intent.  The shops appear to have been selected specifically, the "pain and suffering" claims in the lawsuit are ridiculous, and the "thought crimes" aspect of the penalties is quite a bit too Maoist for my tastes.  It is the worst sort of governmental bullying.

OTOH, the idea of the same shop refusing to serve, say, black people or Jews is odious -- as is a general refusal of service to gays simply because they're gay.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 06:45:00 pm by r9etb »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Rand Paul is using the words Slavery,enslaved. Slavery means free labor-not being compensated for your labor.

Rand Paul and all the other healthcare providers will be well paid, are well paid, and there are tens of thousands wanting those "slavery jobs" and there is  a waiting list in medical  and nursing schools.

Healthcare by singlepayer is not free. It's paid through taxes and the doctors and nurses will be compensated well. Paul is not forced to do his job. He can quit and do something else.

@jmyrlefuller
@IsailedawayfromFR

So he should have used indentured servitude instead of slavery?

However, in this case, Senator Paul is absolutely correct. The legal definition of Slavery isn't just that one isn't compensated for work. It is:

A civil relationship in which one person has absolute power over the life, fortune, and liberty of another.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Slavery

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Could we possibly have a thread where someone doesn't post a totally un-related gay bashing comment.

Just askin'
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

@IsailedawayfromFR

Try 100 times as much.  Homosexuality is almost not addressed in the Bible at all and many scholars think Sodom and Gomorra were destroyed for entirely different reasons.

Offline mirraflake

However, in this case, Senator Paul is absolutely correct. The legal definition of Slavery isn't just that one isn't compensated for work. It is:

A civil relationship in which one person has absolute power over the life, fortune, and liberty of another.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Slavery

So our military folks and gov't workers are indentured servants?  Because they in the exact type of example as Rand Paul would be under gov't run healthcare. My friend who works under our local city run and owned utility company is a indentured servant?

face it Rp was really stretching the prose on this quote.
@AbaraXas

Offline r9etb

So he should have used indentured servitude instead of slavery?

It's still an idiotic statement.  First, because it's so obviously not a case of enslavement -- Mr. Paul is just using inflammatory language.

Second, even if it's a "right," that does not mean that anybody is going to be breaking into his house to drag him out and make him treat the patient.

Third, is Mr. Paul suggesting that if somebody came to his door in need of medical assistance, he -- a doctor who swore an oath  -- would refuse to provide it? 
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 06:56:59 pm by r9etb »

Offline ABX

So our military folks and gov't workers are indentured servants?  Because they in the exact type of example as Rand Paul would be under gov't run healthcare. My friend who works under our local city run and owned utility company is a indentured servant?

face it Rp was really stretching the prose on this quote.
@AbaraXas

Someone in the military openly enters into the contract. Government workers of other sorts are just employees who are freely engaging in employment.

What Senator Paul is describing is requiring he provide services he choose not to. He isn't contracting with anyone, he is being told he has to provide that service.  We are already walking that tightrope. Doctors in many cases, are required to treat medicare and medicade patients and the government can choose to not compensate or pay pennies on the dollar. If they refuse to treat those patients, they are at risk of losing license and more.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/nextavenue/2013/06/11/what-to-do-if-your-doctor-wont-take-medicare/#4acb389b65cd

At that, there is even a bill proposed that would force doctors to treat medicare patients.
http://www.staradvertiser.com/2016/01/23/business/business-breaking/bill-would-make-doctors-treat-medicare-patients/
(this proposal has been repeated in many states and on the national level as well).

Offline ABX

It's still an idiotic statement.  First, because it's so obviously not a case of enslavement -- Mr. Paul is just using inflammatory language.

Second, even if it's a "right," that does not mean that anybody is going to be breaking into his house to drag him out and make him treat the patient.

Third, is Mr. Paul suggesting that if somebody came to his door in need of medical assistance, he -- a doctor who swore an oath  -- would refuse to provide it?

On the second point, if it were up to some, he would lose his license (and worse depending on which proposal you look at)
http://www.staradvertiser.com/2016/01/23/business/business-breaking/bill-would-make-doctors-treat-medicare-patients/

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Could we possibly have a thread where someone doesn't post a totally un-related gay bashing comment.

Just askin'

:thumbsup3:

These arguments about bakers are ridiculous.

Rights are negatives.

They are constraints on Government from forcing Citizens to do things or not do things.

Being Gay is not being Whatever Ethnicity or Religious Belief.

No one is born gay.

There are no such things as 'Behavioral Genes' causing people to be gay.

http://jayjoseph.net/publications

Being Gay is not an unalterable condition. It is a matter of choice.

And Government, therefore, has no business sticking its nose into the arena of Beliefs.

As for the statement attributed to Rand Paul, whether he said it or not it makes perfect sense and I agree with it lock, stock and barrel.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 07:12:20 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline r9etb

On the second point, if it were up to some, he would lose his license (and worse depending on which proposal you look at)

Lots of idiots propose stupid things.... that article in question is over a year old, though -- it must not have passed.

Then again, I suspect that if Hawaii ever passed such a bill they would quickly repent due to lack of licensed physicians.... 

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
You were fired from your job right recently? Do You have health insurance at this time?
What arrogance you have. I never had health insurance. It is too expensive for me to afford.

If you are in a major accident tomorrow
I'd be willing to bet I won't be. Sure, it MIGHT happen, but it probably won't.

are you going to be able to pay the $250,000 cost or will you declare bankruptcy and smooch it off the the premium payers who do have HI?

What happens if the doctors say Hcare is not a right, sorry and let you die. I'm certain with 100% certainty as you are writhing in pain on the gurney, gasping for air healthcare will be a right to you.
Given the nearest hospital is over 20 miles away from me in any direction, and any of decent size and capability is 50 miles away, you're probably wrong. In your scenario, I'll likely die before I get the care I need.

You assume that there is health care everywhere to be had, as if the doctors you suppose in this story even exist.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Just askin'
how did I bash homosexuals?

The point was made that forcing a baker to bake is the same as making a doctor to doctor.

You are reading on an agenda of your own, apparently.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
how did I bash homosexuals?

The point was made that forcing a baker to bake is the same as making a doctor to doctor.

You are reading on an agenda of your own, apparently.

Sorry, I guess I was.

Offline mirraflake

What arrogance you have. I never had health insurance. It is too expensive for me to afford.

No arrogance. I asked you to prove my point. If you come down with a dreaded disease or accident and have no health insurance  you will no longer think HI is not a right. As a matter of fact nurses say the people w/o HI are the most demanding and arrogant patients who want everything right NOW!!

If you are lower income you could have purchased insurance  under the HI Exchange with subsidized premium or no premium at all. The uninsured in this country is one one the  reasons why we have high health insurance premiums they   rack up a big bill and then declare  bankruptcy and walk away.

I'd be willing to bet I won't be. Sure, it MIGHT happen, but it probably won't.

Famous last words

Given the nearest hospital is over 20 miles away from me in any direction, and any of decent size and capability is 50 miles away, you're probably wrong. In your scenario, I'll likely die before I get the care I need.

Most likely  not. That is why there is Lifeflight. I would doubt most people in your area die before reaching the hospital.

You assume that there is health care everywhere to be had, as if the doctors you suppose in this story even exist.

I don't know anywhere in the US HC cannot be found easily unless   it is the most remote part of Alaska or the remotest part of the Southwest. . I live in BF Egypt and HC is around me everywhere.My closest hospital is 25 miles away and people in my area tend to get there ok.

@jmyrlefuller
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 09:11:36 pm by mirraflake »

geronl

Just askin'

not wanting to be forced to serve or support the gay agenda is "gay bashing"?

geronl

ever asked for a pro-fornication cake or a pro-adultery cake? They'd refuse.