Author Topic: Pew: More Americans now prefer a bigger government with more services to a smaller one with fewer services  (Read 3465 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Well said. Country is becoming more libertarian all the time and social conservatism is dying.  That Milo has a huge conservative base, even on TOS(FR) is telling.

@Jazzhead

Except while Milo may be gay, he is no Libertarian (at that, he is even pretty open he is not one). His extreme authoritarian streak and crassness is what is drawing Conservatives to him.

I seriously doubt if he was yelling to the government 'it isn't your business and it isn't your money' he would be as popular.

He is popular because he wants a 'daddy' government (probably to spank him but we won't go there).
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 06:41:31 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Except while Milo may be gay, he is no Libertarian (at that, he is even pretty open he is not one). His extreme authoritarian streak and crassness is what is drawing Conservatives to him.

I seriously doubt if he was yelling to the government 'it isn't your business and it isn't your money' he would be as popular.

He is popular because he wants a 'daddy' government (probably to spank him but we won't go there).

Despite what a few lying liberal trolls here are trying to convince us of, libertarianism is hardly about bigger government. I'm not thrilled with a lot of libertarian dogma but spending is not one of the areas where I part ways with them.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 06:48:14 pm by Cripplecreek »

Offline LMAO

With a sizeable population wanting more govt while we rush headlong into automation, poor education system, and crushing debt, what exactly is the way forward for the middle class?

Along with that goes more economic bubbles and currency devaluation that will put more pressure on the middle and working class and those on fixed incomes. The result will be the American people demanding more government to fix the problems created by a large, further centralized federal government

Big government isn't free
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

I'm not thrilled with a lot of libertarian dogma but spending is not one of the areas where I part ways with them.

Same here.

I consider myself  a conservative with a libertarian streak but I think capital "L" libertarians tend to have the same idealist views as liberals
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Bigun wrote:
"There are many millions of small government conservatives around waiting for a national leader to come forth..."

That's kinda llke waitin' for Godot, eh...?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Bigun wrote:
"There are many millions of small government conservatives around waiting for a national leader to come forth..."

That's kinda llke waitin' for Godot, eh...?

Seems like.