Author Topic: Kasich won’t close door on 2020 presidential run  (Read 5387 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Kasich won’t close door on 2020 presidential run
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2017, 06:36:59 pm »
He's the reason Trump won the primary.
Yep. It is a simple trick to split the votes that are not for one of the opponents in a three way race. If Kasich, who had no way to win (the remaining states would not give him enough delegates) had dropped out, things may have gone differently.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2017, 06:59:07 pm »
Well bless the heart that blessed my heart.
Or, as I like to say.........you can kiss my grits.

Wingnut

« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2017, 07:41:08 pm »

You are dealing with professionals here Flo! 

Got to be on your toes.  :smokin:

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2017, 07:47:18 pm »
Lot's of blessed hearts around here today.

[attachment deleted by admin]
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2017, 07:48:17 pm »
You are dealing with professionals here Flo! 

Got to be on your toes.  :smokin:

You don't have toes if you got flippers. It's called syndactyly.

geronl

« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2017, 07:51:34 pm »
I've been a fan of John Kasich for over thirty years.  He's one of the last of old school (pre-TEA party) conservatives in the mold of Kemp, Goldwater and Reagan.   

If he runs again,  he can count on my support again.

Kasich is a liberal

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2017, 07:53:46 pm »
Kasich is a liberal

Which is exactly why Jazzy loves him so.  His level of hatred for the TEA Party is not often seen outside the office of Chinless McConnell.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2017, 08:30:11 pm »

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2017, 08:31:19 pm »
Lot's of blessed hearts around here today.

888high58888
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2017, 08:31:49 pm »
Yep. It is a simple trick to split the votes that are not for one of the opponents in a three way race. If Kasich, who had no way to win (the remaining states would not give him enough delegates) had dropped out, things may have gone differently.

He will do whatever George Soros tells him to.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2017, 11:25:03 pm »
miss that guy something fierce.

As do most of us who are old enough to remember when he was in office.   However, he was not infallible. He was outflanked and fooled by the Democratic controlled Congress on the issue of illegals.  He also failed to recognize the rise of Islamic foes in the Middle East after the Beirut bombing.   My point is, we should be able to criticize the failings of those on our side, without being labeled as subversives.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2017, 11:32:56 pm »
As do most of us who are old enough to remember when he was in office.   However, he was not infallible. He was outflanked and fooled by the Democratic controlled Congress on the issue of illegals.  He also failed to recognize the rise of Islamic foes in the Middle East after the Beirut bombing.   My point is, we should be able to criticize the failings of those on our side, without being labeled as subversives.

Do you think he would detest people with the TEA Party, as has been asserted here?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2017, 11:49:20 pm »
I often railed at the deification of Reagan.  He gave blanket amnesty.   He cut and ran from Beirut and he went to Bitburg where the SS were buried..........at the urging of Pat Buchanan.

That does not take away from his accomplishments.   He truly made Americans feel good about themselves and their country.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2017, 11:51:21 pm »
Do you think he would detest people with the TEA Party, as has been asserted here?

No, he would empathize with them.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2017, 11:53:52 pm »

Let's face it.  The "Taxed Enough Already" was kidnapped, and co-opted by, ...well, 'YOU' know.

The same way 'They' want to think their POV is the one the Party should adhere.

We have some of 'Them' right here. 

Soon as the media demonized the Tea Party, certain groups therein provided unlimited fodder.

If 'They' would learn to be team players, we could make the 'Playoffs'. (2018)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2017, 11:57:20 pm »
I often railed at the deification of Reagan.  He gave blanket amnesty.   He cut and ran from Beirut and he went to Bitburg where the SS were buried..........at the urging of Pat Buchanan.

That does not take away from his accomplishments.   He truly made Americans feel good about themselves and their country.
There were things he did I didn't agree with. It took a long time for the trickle down to reach the oil fields, going through a bust. I wasn't happy with Amnesty, but at least he didn't just ignore the issue. However, he was (especially in comparison to those who have followed) a person who loved his country, did his best, I believe, under the circumstances, and represented us well around the world. He rocked Eastern Europe, and after the wall came down, much changed there. Overall, he was one of the, if not the best POTUS of the 20th century.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2017, 11:58:12 pm »
Let's face it.  The "Taxed Enough Already" was kidnapped, and co-opted by, ...well, 'YOU' know.

The same way 'They' want to think their POV is the one the Party should adhere.

We have some of 'Them' right here. 

Soon as the media demonized the Tea Party, certain groups therein provided unlimited fodder.

If 'They' would learn to be team players, we could make the 'Playoffs'. (2018)

You're confessing, aren't you, DC?

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2017, 11:59:40 pm »

I am sick and tired of TEA party conservatism and remember a time when conservatives were a fount of creative ideas for solving the problems we face through an opportunity culture, rather than a force for obstruction, nihilism and reaction. 

Obstruction?  As in stopping the spending party in Washington D.C.?    Do you not think it needs to be stopped?   Should we not stop spending more than we take in?   

Math is a bitch.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2017, 12:02:33 am »
You're confessing, aren't you, DC?

I don't understand, @Sanguine

There are a lot of pig-headed ...otherwise nice people, in the Republican Party, or who vote GOP.

The past election campaign season and atmosphere in this forum STILL today, serves as Exhibit A.

Like the Aliens.    They Live Among Us.....    :laugh:

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2017, 12:05:52 am »

Reagan would not have been TEA party.

Neither would have the TEA party (taxed enough already)  Had Reagan and Bush HW done their jobs properly.   

The TEA Party arose out of a lack of serious action in Washington to control the spending. 

It would have made his skin crawl.   You have to make conservatism and free market economics work for the less fortunate,  not just shut the gummint down.

Well the first way you do that is to not give them free money that allows them to be lazy in life.   

I think Franklin had the right TEA Party idea about what to do regarding the poor.

“I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.”

The nation has gotten away from this wisdom,  and it all started with the 1964 vote buying scheme of Lyndon Johnson called "The War on Poverty." 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2017, 12:11:20 am »
Taxes to support social programs really aren't what's pecking us to death, it's regulations and attendant compliance costs that keep businesses from growing and hiring and banks from lending.

I keep wanting to give you a break and skip replying to you in favor of replying to someone else,   but I keep finding opinions in your commentary which I regard as incorrect or objectionable.   

We spent 21 trillion dollars on the "War on Poverty",   and that's just in counted Federal expenditures.   The cost to society of the Crime,  and WORSE,  the election of Democrats since 1964,  is nearly incalculable.   

We have an estimated 100 trillion dollars in unfunded liabilities and an admitted 20 trillion dollar Debt.   

Our problem doesn't begin with regulations and easy money,  our problems began with irrational thinking in Washington,  especially as regards Federal spending and debt.   

A huge component of the output of this nation feeds those elite parasites who make their living off of Washington D.C.   All they want to do is keep their own gravy trains chugging. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2017, 12:14:51 am »
Reagan was not a follower of John Maynard Keynes; that's why he didn't believe in more taxes and spending.  22222frying pan

To be fair to Keynes,  he didn't believe in it either.   He proposed it as a temporary measure to smooth out the normal boom and bust cycles of an economy.   He never intended for it to become a permanent component of economic policy.   

He expected the government to stop spending excessively when the bust cycle was over. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2017, 12:18:00 am »
There were things he did I didn't agree with. It took a long time for the trickle down to reach the oil fields, going through a bust. I wasn't happy with Amnesty, but at least he didn't just ignore the issue. However, he was (especially in comparison to those who have followed) a person who loved his country, did his best, I believe, under the circumstances, and represented us well around the world. He rocked Eastern Europe, and after the wall came down, much changed there. Overall, he was one of the, if not the best POTUS of the 20th century.

He was hands down the best President of the 20th Century,  and I think the Best President since Washington. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #73 on: April 27, 2017, 12:30:56 am »

No, because on principle, he was against high taxation.  Problem is, the original intent of the group has been splintered and co-opted by others to the point where it's unrecognizable from its original form.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2017, 12:34:13 am »

He was hands down the best President of the 20th Century,  and I think the Best President since Washington.

No no no no. There was only one President that cut the physical size of govt' and cut spending by 50%.....