Author Topic: Kasich won’t close door on 2020 presidential run  (Read 5386 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Kasich won’t close door on 2020 presidential run
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2017, 11:40:13 pm »
Because you take it so well...and I'm not going to let you get away with comparing Kasich and Reagan.  Uh, uh.   **nononono*

Kasich was in the first wave of Reagan allies in 1982.  Kasich helped implement his agenda.   

Reagan would not have been TEA party.  It would have made his skin crawl.   You have to make conservatism and free market economics work for the less fortunate,  not just shut the gummint down. 

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2017, 11:51:32 pm »
Kasich was in the first wave of Reagan allies in 1982.  Kasich helped implement his agenda.   

Reagan would not have been TEA party.  It would have made his skin crawl.   You have to make conservatism and free market economics work for the less fortunate,  not just shut the gummint down.

No. Reagan was all about shutting the govt' down and letting people handle their own affairs. He was a huge Calvin Coolidge fan. He despised socialized medicine. These are all the opposite of Kasich who is a fan of Obamacare.

You cannot cite one social program that Kasich was willing to eliminate or cut back on when he was running for President. Reagan ran specifically on cutting social spending. His first budget slashed the hell out of welfare.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2017, 11:57:48 pm »
No. Reagan was all about shutting the govt' down and letting people handle their own affairs. He was a huge Calvin Coolidge fan. He despised socialized medicine. These are all the opposite of Kasich who is a fan of Obamacare.

You cannot cite one social program that Kasich was willing to eliminate or cut back on when he was running for President. Reagan ran specifically on cutting social spending. His first budget slashed the hell out of welfare.

Reagan wanted to unleash the animal spirits of our free and capitalist economy.  He believed in the rising tide, the shining city.

He wasn't fixated on eliminating programs for the poor.   He oversaw the biggest changes in history to preserve the Social Security system and the private pension system.   

What the hell is wrong with conservatives nowadays?  Our hearts are filled with dust.   

Offline libertybele

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2017, 12:03:07 am »

TEA are Constitutional conservatives and you are stating that the Constitution would have made Reagan's skin crawl? 

Kasich favors gun control, Common Core, a pathway to citizenship for illegals, and same-sex marriage, he also voted for McCain; all this should tell you exactly how far to the left he is.  No thank you.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2017, 12:03:17 am »

Reagan wanted to unleash the animal spirits of our free and capitalist economy.  He believed in the rising tide, the shining city.

He wasn't fixated on eliminating programs for the poor.   He oversaw the biggest changes in history to preserve the Social Security system and the private pension system.   

What the hell is wrong with conservatives nowadays?  Our hearts are filled with dust.   

We've been 'compassionaited' to death @Jazzhead
   It threatens the very nature of our existence now, Death by Taxes to pay for all that Compassion, is a dead end.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2017, 12:12:16 am »
   We've been 'compassionaited' to death @Jazzhead
   It threatens the very nature of our existence now, Death by Taxes to pay for all that Compassion, is a dead end.

Taxes to support social programs really aren't what's pecking us to death, it's regulations and attendant compliance costs that keep businesses from growing and hiring and banks from lending.   

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2017, 12:20:42 am »

Were you even alive back then or are you just making this shit up as you go along? Cutting the size and scope of govt' was Reagan's #1 argument on the stump when he ran. It's what got him elected. He enacted these policies when he got in. It got him reelected. It pissed Libs off to no end. Remember all the homeless nonsense back in the 80's ....

REAGAN CUTS IN WELFARE VOIDED IN PENNSYLVANIA

http://www.nytimes.com/1981/11/21/us/reagan-cuts-in-welfare-voided-in-pennsylvania.html

FOOD STAMPS PROGRAM: HOW IT GREW AND HOW REAGAN WANTS TO CUT IT BACK; The Budget Targets

http://www.nytimes.com/1981/04/04/us/food-stamps-program-it-grew-reagan-wants-cut-it-back-budget-targets.html?pagewanted=all

Reagan Ready to Unveil Social, Welfare Cuts

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1981/03/08/reagan-ready-to-unveil-social-welfare-cuts/473768bb-0fe1-4e59-b16f-bbdc22497908/?utm_term=.9b1aba47b6fd

He also wanted to eliminate full departments. John Kasich on the other hand has not seen a govt' program he doesn't love. Just look at what he was pimping for on the campaign trail. He is a Rockefeller Republican.

BTW, did Reagan believe in Man Made Climate change? John does. Reagan believe in gay marriage? John does. Reagan believe in centralized control of education? John loves Common Core.

You speak of Animal Spirits. John torpedoed Right To Work in OH as Gov. How does that release the animal spirits? It doesn't and that is why your cracked pot Jesus freak of a loser John only won one state and was an embarrassment on the campaign trail.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2017, 12:26:40 am »

What does T E A stand for anyway?  Do you know?  You can't possibly know and claim Reagan would have hated it.  You can't.  You can't be that ignorant.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2017, 12:31:27 am »
.  You can't.  You can't be that ignorant.

If you follow his fuzzy memories and warped logic, you would be wrong.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2017, 02:43:57 am »
Well, he could always run as a democrat next time.

He sure acted like one the last time he ran!  ;)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2017, 03:35:49 am »
As a democrat?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2017, 05:01:59 am »
Yes, but did you know his father was a mailman??
Well that's a relief. At least he wasn't a female man....

****drummer
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2017, 05:10:21 am »

Wait. This guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ixNPplo-SU

I think he would have been right in there with folks who are Taxed Enough Already.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2017, 05:23:29 am »
Wait. This guy?

I think he would have been right in there with folks who are Taxed Enough Already.

Don't bother. Jazzy wouldn't believe any of this even if Reagan got out of the grave and walked up to tell him he was full of shit.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2017, 05:29:37 am »
Don't bother. Jazzy wouldn't believe any of this even if Reagan got out of the grave and walked up to tell him he was full of shit.
We have had..conversations before. I post mainly to keep the spectators who visit here from being pulled off the path during those. I do not expect I will change his viewpoints, but hone my skills nonetheless.

C S Lewis

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2017, 12:16:39 pm »
Wait. This guy?

Love that one.  Also this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhYJS80MgYA

I miss that guy something fierce.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2017, 12:17:46 pm »
Love that one.  Also this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhYJS80MgYA

I miss that guy something fierce.
You and me, both. We were blessed to have him, and not just as POTUS.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2017, 12:58:53 pm »
You and me, both. We were blessed to have him, and not just as POTUS.

Grinds my gears there are people who think John Kasich is the second coming.  *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2017, 01:03:32 pm »
Grinds my gears there are people who think John Kasich is the second coming.  *****rollingeyes*****

Well Kasich himself thinks it....

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2017, 01:26:55 pm »
After watching the primaries and these darned 100 days of tweets and twits I would be happy to have President Kasich.
Other than Santorum, Hicklebeee, Graham, I would be happy with anyone but the orange menace we have now.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2017, 01:29:16 pm »
After watching the primaries and these darned 100 days of tweets and twits I would be happy to have President Kasich.
Other than Santorum, Hicklebeee, Graham, I would be happy with anyone but the orange menace we have now.

Aren't you special?   

Bless your heart.   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2017, 01:30:31 pm »
I'll admit ... the most I know about Kasich is how utterly boring he was during the debates.  He may be a good guy but ... sheesh.

He's the reason Trump won the primary.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2017, 01:45:33 pm »
Aren't you special?   

Bless your heart.   :whistle:

Special as in wearing a helmet and flippers in the shower?

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2017, 04:16:14 pm »

Reagan was not a follower of John Maynard Keynes; that's why he didn't believe in more taxes and spending.  22222frying pan
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Wingnut

« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2017, 04:43:41 pm »
Special as in wearing a helmet and flippers in the shower?

And have someone work the  Loofah