Author Topic: Kasich won’t close door on 2020 presidential run  (Read 5385 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kasich won’t close door on 2020 presidential run
« on: April 25, 2017, 02:58:25 pm »
By Rebecca Savransky - 04/25/17 09:16 AM EDT

Ohio Gov. John Kasich (R) says he won't completely rule out launching a presidential bid in 2020.

Asked Monday during a CNN town hall whether he would run for the White House in 2020, Kasich responded: "Very unlikely that I will run for public office."

"You wouldn't close the door on it?" CNN's Anderson Cooper asked.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/330376-kasich-wont-close-door-on-2020-presidential-run
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

Re: Kasich won’t close door on 2020 presidential run
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 05:30:16 pm »
   trying real hard to GIVE a $hit, here.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 05:32:36 pm »
I've heard hope springs eternal, but this is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 05:32:52 pm by skeeter »

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 05:33:40 pm »
Yes, but did you know his father was a mailman??

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 07:04:03 pm »
Yes, but did you know his father was a mailman??

Then we're just gonna have to "Return to Sender."  Address unknown.

If Kasich won't close the door we're just going to have to do it for him, again.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 07:22:52 pm »

Don't worry John. We'll close the door for ya.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 07:35:48 pm »
I've been a fan of John Kasich for over thirty years.  He's one of the last of old school (pre-TEA party) conservatives in the mold of Kemp, Goldwater and Reagan.   

If he runs again,  he can count on my support again.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2017, 07:40:37 pm »
I think he's to f'n stupid to close a door!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2017, 07:42:31 pm »
                  You a member, @Jazzhead ?

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2017, 07:42:52 pm »
With so much going on, this comes off as "HEY!  Look at me!  I'm still relevant!"

Yawn.....   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2017, 07:47:00 pm »
I've been a fan of John Kasich for over thirty years.  He's one of the last of old school (pre-TEA party) conservatives in the mold of Kemp, Goldwater and Reagan.   

If he runs again,  he can count on my support again.

Kasich = Goldwater = Reagan.  Got it.  And you wonder why sometimes you can't get respect.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2017, 08:25:00 pm »
Ego is way too big to close that door.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2017, 08:40:52 pm »
   trying real hard to GIVE a $hit, here.

Here, Kasich, let me get that door for you.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2017, 08:52:54 pm »
Kasich = Goldwater = Reagan.  Got it.  And you wonder why sometimes you can't get respect.

I don't give a damn about your respect, CL.    Kasich is a good and decent man,  whose been an effective conservative soldier in Congress, at the White House and in the State of Ohio. 

I am sick and tired of TEA party conservatism and remember a time when conservatives were a fount of creative ideas for solving the problems we face through an opportunity culture, rather than a force for obstruction, nihilism and reaction.   I admire Kasich like few politicians I've encountered in 40 years of voting GOP.   He's walked the walk, as an honest and implacable man.     

You can kiss my arse.     

Wingnut

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2017, 08:53:06 pm »

Brother, That is not very nice.  Disrespecting a fine upstanding young man for his choice of public servants is not a principle this place was founded on.  Now we can't help that we can't see things his way.  I'm Like you....  I'd love to see things from his point of view. But Damn, I can't seem to get my head that far up my ass.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2017, 09:01:23 pm »
Brother, That is not very nice.  Disrespecting a fine upstanding young man for his choice of public servants is not a principle this place was founded on.  Now we can't help that we can't see things his way.  I'm Like you....  I'd love to see things from his point of view. But Damn, I can't seem to get my head that far up my ass.

I don't understand how anyone so in love with the bureaucracy could claim to be a fan of Reagan, let alone Goldwater.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2017, 09:10:16 pm »
I don't give a damn about your respect, CL.    Kasich is a good and decent man,  whose been an effective conservative soldier in Congress, at the White House and in the State of Ohio. 

I am sick and tired of TEA party conservatism and remember a time when conservatives were a fount of creative ideas for solving the problems we face through an opportunity culture, rather than a force for obstruction, nihilism and reaction.   I admire Kasich like few politicians I've encountered in 40 years of voting GOP.   He's walked the walk, as an honest and implacable man.     

You can kiss my arse.     

I'll admit ... the most I know about Kasich is how utterly boring he was during the debates.  He may be a good guy but ... sheesh.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2017, 09:31:15 pm »
I'll admit ... the most I know about Kasich is how utterly boring he was during the debates.  He may be a good guy but ... sheesh.

He's a RINO and he didn't get enough votes last election to matter or to even be relevant anymore.  Somehow, I just don't see that changing for the demented windmill.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2017, 09:52:06 pm »

I quit taking the little boy seriously when he said I'm a disgrace.  Now he's telling me to kiss his ass, so he's growing up.  They do that so quickly these days.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2017, 09:56:17 pm »
I quit taking the little boy seriously when he said I'm a disgrace.  Now he's telling me to kiss his ass, so he's growing up.  They do that so quickly these days.

The only time I see a thing he says is when someone else quotes him.  Not worth another second of my time.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2017, 10:02:56 pm »

So why the gratuitous insult?   

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2017, 10:29:06 pm »

Because you take it so well...and I'm not going to let you get away with comparing Kasich and Reagan.  Uh, uh.   **nononono*
I will NOT comply.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2017, 10:36:22 pm »

If you are so vapid to ask that after comparing Reagan, Goldwater and Jesus Kasich, you are too far gone. Have someone commit you to the nearest mental health facility.

I had a conversation with one of the members of the legislature the other day. I said, ‘I respect the fact that you believe in small government. I do, too. I also know that you’re a person of faith. Now, when you die and get to the meeting with St. Peter, he’s probably not going to ask you much about what you did about keeping government small. But he is going to ask you what you did for the poor. You better have a good answer.- Jesus Kasich

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/431051/john-kasich-liberals-favorite-christian-theocrat

Offline libertybele

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2017, 10:45:08 pm »
Jazz has the right to like Kasich and he also has the right to compare him to Reagan.  Most of us think he's delusional; and that's our right.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2017, 11:10:32 pm »
Jazz has the right to like Kasich and he also has the right to compare him to Reagan.  Most of us think he's delusional; and that's our right.

Even if I choose to be disgraceful about it?  :beer:
I will NOT comply.