Author Topic: Democrats Aim to Take Out Ted Cruz in 2018 With $100 Million  (Read 1266 times)

rangerrebew

Democrats Aim to Take Out Ted Cruz in 2018 With $100 Million

Posted By: Harry Hibbs

Republican Senator Ted Cruz might have a real fight on his hands. There’s a Democratic challenger in Texas and the red state resistance to Donald Trump and the GOP is picking up steam.

Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) now has a Democratic challenger in the 2018 Senate race in Texas, after Rep. Beto O’Rourke announced that he would step up to the plate.
O’Rourke is a three-term congressman from El Paso, and as the Wall Street Journal notes, “His entry in the race against a heavily favored incumbent is the latest sign Democrats feel emboldened under GOP President Donald Trump.”

http://ufpnews.com/democrats-aim-take-ted-cruz/
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 02:12:28 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Democrats Aim to Take Out Ted Cruz in 2018 With $100 Million
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 02:13:45 pm »
Let the brain dead waste all the $$ they want I say!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 02:15:44 pm »
And the media will keep reporting this as breaking news until somebody notices.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 02:18:23 pm »

I Love the Smell of Desperate dimocrats Burning Massive Amounts of Cash in the Morning!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 03:18:07 pm »
@catfish1957

No kidding. All to take out one guy in symbolic pyrrhic victory. Libs are so obsessed with visuals and optics anymore that they can't formulate a working strategy for reaching a majority.

They kind of remind me of Muslim terrorists. They thought bringing down the Twin Towers would bring down America, because they thought we operated strictly in terms of symbols. How'd that work out?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 03:32:38 pm »
Jon Ossoff, Part II.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline endicom

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 03:50:12 pm »
...the red state resistance to Donald Trump and the GOP is picking up steam.

That resistance amounts to frustration with an effete GOP congressional majority and some visceral dislike for Trump. That resistance would dissipate if people saw some action.

They should be advertising the fact that illegal immigration is down and that they're working on bringing it further down.

They need to show progress on ridding us of Obamacare. Even a legitimate Phase 1 of reducing the ACA would do for now if that meant lower health care costs.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2017, 03:52:50 pm »
Don't laugh. Throwing hundreds of millions at an election worked out great for Hillary in defeating Trump. I expect that it will work out just as well in defeating Cruz.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2017, 04:41:57 pm »
Don't laugh. Throwing hundreds of millions at an election worked out great for Hillary in defeating Trump. I expect that it will work out just as well in defeating Cruz.

I would ordinarily agree, except, like it or not, Trump will have an impact on the 2018 elections and he just backed down on the wall. The DEMS are going to campaign on broken promises made by the GOP; Bammycare and the wall or two issues that the GOP needs to deliver on; otherwise don't expect to keep the majority.  Their target is Cruz because not only would it give them TX but it would be an enormous victory for the DEMS and very symbolic that they never lost control.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2017, 06:20:23 pm »
   A few days old but didn't see it posted:

BREAKING: Ted Cruz Takes on White House Critics of the House Freedom Caucus

By Erick Erickson  |  April 18, 2017, 10:15pm  |  @ewerickson

Speaking in Texas tonight, Senator Ted Cruz came out swinging for the House Freedom Caucus, noting that the critics of the conservatives who are in the White House are “profoundly damaging our prospects of success.” He also noted, “If we screw all this up, you better believe the American people could elect President Warren.”

Cruz has unabashedly been defending conservatives for their refusal to preserve Obamacare under the Republican health care plan. I am told he has relayed to those close to the President that the conservatives and, in particular, the House Freedom Caucus members, are the good guys in this fight intent on making the GOP keep its promises.

The fact is, President Trump got terrible advice on the Obamacare repeal and needs to work with the House Freedom Caucus on a real repeal effort.

http://theresurgent.com/breaking-ted-cruz-takes-on-white-house-critics-of-the-house-freedom-caucus/

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2017, 06:37:21 pm »
   A few days old but didn't see it posted:

BREAKING: Ted Cruz Takes on White House Critics of the House Freedom Caucus

By Erick Erickson  |  April 18, 2017, 10:15pm  |  @ewerickson

Speaking in Texas tonight, Senator Ted Cruz came out swinging for the House Freedom Caucus, noting that the critics of the conservatives who are in the White House are “profoundly damaging our prospects of success.” He also noted, “If we screw all this up, you better believe the American people could elect President Warren.”

Cruz has unabashedly been defending conservatives for their refusal to preserve Obamacare under the Republican health care plan. I am told he has relayed to those close to the President that the conservatives and, in particular, the House Freedom Caucus members, are the good guys in this fight intent on making the GOP keep its promises.

The fact is, President Trump got terrible advice on the Obamacare repeal and needs to work with the House Freedom Caucus on a real repeal effort.

http://theresurgent.com/breaking-ted-cruz-takes-on-white-house-critics-of-the-house-freedom-caucus/

« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 06:37:38 pm by Sanguine »

Offline corbe

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2017, 06:45:24 pm »
   I've been wondering if Trump hadn't put his cajones away in some Lock Box, Glad he's found his Voice to amplify his never changing principles, again. @Sanguine
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2017, 06:47:14 pm »
   I've been wondering if Trump hadn't put his cajones away in some Lock Box, Glad he's found his Voice to amplify his never changing principles, again. @Sanguine

It concerns me that he is putting it off until September, but I guess that's not so far away.  I think he's missing a chance though, I think the R's would do whatever they had to to avoid being blamed for another shutdown.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2017, 06:58:21 pm »
Democrats Aim to Take Out Ted Cruz in 2018 With $100 Million

Posted By: Harry Hibbs

Republican Senator Ted Cruz might have a real fight on his hands. There’s a Democratic challenger in Texas and the red state resistance to Donald Trump and the GOP is picking up steam.

Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) now has a Democratic challenger in the 2018 Senate race in Texas, after Rep. Beto O’Rourke announced that he would step up to the plate.
O’Rourke is a three-term congressman from El Paso, and as the Wall Street Journal notes, “His entry in the race against a heavily favored incumbent is the latest sign Democrats feel emboldened under GOP President Donald Trump.”

http://ufpnews.com/democrats-aim-take-ted-cruz/

Did the dems learn nothing from the money they wasted in Georgia?  I'm hoping they didn't.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2017, 06:59:45 pm »
Did the dems learn nothing from the money they wasted in Georgia?  I'm hoping they didn't.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

If we are quiet maybe they won't notice :seeya:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2017, 07:01:29 pm »
Let the brain dead waste all the $$ they want I say!

I agree.  From a political game point of view, this is a waste of $$$ to take out one and only one senator, even if successful.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2017, 08:42:39 pm »
I agree.  From a political game point of view, this is a waste of $$$ to take out one and only one senator, even if successful.

Ted Cruz is not just ONE senator ... he is the greatest and most conservative senator and it would be a huge coup if they could take him out.

But, they can't.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

geronl

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2017, 08:58:56 pm »
Trump might still spend $20 million against Cruz, as he promised, because Trump is nuts.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2017, 09:01:44 pm »
The guy the Democrats are putting against Cruz, 'Beto' is an absolute joke. I wrote a bit about him here.
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,258081.0.html

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2017, 09:27:13 pm »
Ted Cruz is not just ONE senator ... he is the greatest and most conservative senator and it would be a huge coup if they could take him out.

But, they can't.

Agreed, though I wish I had your confidence that "they" can't take him out.  Never under estimate the power of the left's corruption.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2017, 09:31:47 pm »
Agreed, though I wish I had your confidence that "they" can't take him out.  Never under estimate the power of the left's corruption.

I agree.  Part of my next check is going to Cruze' campaign fund.  We want him to have the money to respond and who knows which wsy the Republican party will go come election time.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline corbe

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2017, 09:33:14 pm »

But, they can't.

I agree @Emjay but Mike Lee ain't no slouch, either.

geronl

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2017, 09:50:37 pm »
The guy the Democrats are putting against Cruz, 'Beto' is an absolute joke. I wrote a bit about him here.
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,258081.0.html

They've thrown up some jokes for statewide runs recently, haven't they?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2017, 03:00:31 am »
Free Vulcan asks (in a slightly off-topic post)
"They kind of remind me of Muslim terrorists. They thought bringing down the Twin Towers would bring down America, because they thought we operated strictly in terms of symbols. How'd that work out?"

Think long and hard about what you're sayin' above, my friend.

What happened to the Twin Towers was indeed intended as a symbol; a "clarion call" -- the sounding of the trumpets for the battle to come.

And the battle that attack presaged is underway. Not just here, but everywhere there is freedom. And everywhere there -is- freedom, there's also an opposing force trying to destroy it. Not with enormous weapons, but by slowly and inexorably exploiting our own weaknesses.

Which is why again and again I ask the following question:
Who's winning?

Take a good look around, and answer that question honestly.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2017, 01:09:37 pm »
Free Vulcan asks (in a slightly off-topic post)
"They kind of remind me of Muslim terrorists. They thought bringing down the Twin Towers would bring down America, because they thought we operated strictly in terms of symbols. How'd that work out?"

Think long and hard about what you're sayin' above, my friend.

What happened to the Twin Towers was indeed intended as a symbol; a "clarion call" -- the sounding of the trumpets for the battle to come.

And the battle that attack presaged is underway. Not just here, but everywhere there is freedom. And everywhere there -is- freedom, there's also an opposing force trying to destroy it. Not with enormous weapons, but by slowly and inexorably exploiting our own weaknesses.

Which is why again and again I ask the following question:
Who's winning?

Take a good look around, and answer that question honestly.

I think that is accurate.