Author Topic: WikiLeaks releases top-secret CIA documents as US considers charges against Julian Assange  (Read 493 times)

rangerrebew

WikiLeaks releases top-secret CIA documents as US considers charges against Julian Assange

A 31-page manual on how to use the CIA's 'Weeping Angel' surveillance software is now available online

Caroline Mortimer
    @cjmortimer
    a day ago

WikiLeaks has leaked what it calls a 31-page user manual for a device allegedly used by the CIA to spy on people from their televisions and smartphones.

The device, code named “Weeping Angel”, hit the headlines last month when WikiLeaks claimed the CIA had built the software to exploit vulnerabilities in Samsung products which would allow them to turn any phone or smart TV into a listening device. The group described the software as something out of George Orwell’s 1984.   

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/wikileaks-cia-files-smart-tv-phone-hacking-microphone-surveillance-julian-assange-a7698141.html
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 01:21:34 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Wingnut

Weeping Angel:

1. A terrifying monster from the popular UK sci-fi series "Doctor Who," which resembles a harmless winged statue -- until you blink or look away.

Great episode.  Very sad ending.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Always have had huge ambivalence about this matter.

On one side I detest many aspects of our intrusive government (NSA, DHS, CIA, etc.) into our personal lives.

OTOH, I do understand the need, and worry about those operatives who are helping our country.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cripplecreek

Weeping Angel:

1. A terrifying monster from the popular UK sci-fi series "Doctor Who," which resembles a harmless winged statue -- until you blink or look away.

Great episode.  Very sad ending.

The weeping angels have been all throughout the modern version of Dr Who. I think the only "monsters" i like better are The Silence.

Offline Cripplecreek

Always have had huge ambivalence about this matter.

On one side I detest many aspects of our intrusive government (NSA, DHS, CIA, etc.) into our personal lives.

OTOH, I do understand the need, and worry about those operatives who are helping our country.

Assange is a bottom feeder who has endangered our troops and their families, not to mention getting a boatload of of Afghan allies killed.

Trumpers snuggled up to that piece of garbage when he was helping to attack Clinton and now that he's turning on Trump like intelligent people warned he would, they return to hating him.

The fact is that Assange is untouchable till Russia decides otherwise.