Author Topic: Opinion: What’s missing in Congress right now? Just leadership and courage  (Read 305 times)

rangerrebew

Opinion: What’s missing in Congress right now? Just leadership and courage

By Andrew Malcolm

Congress returns from another half-month vacation this week to confront a national job approval rating wallowing in the low double-digits. Hard to understand why it’s that high.

Both the Republican and Democratic parties have slipped into their own brand of do-nothing dysfunction. With the dearth – or death – of political moderates on Capitol Hill, each political party has strutted into its own distant ideological corner to utter daily talking points to rally its fervent faithful to no end whatsoever, fundraising aside.

This may have been understandable when Congress and the executive branch were controlled by separate parties with no incentive to get together and (whispering) “compromise” to earn their salaries of 172-grand a year.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/opinion/article146520414.html#storylink=cpy

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Leadership and courage have been missing from the Republican lexicon for a LONG time.  Nice that someone else has finally noticed!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien