Author Topic: Poll: Majority of Americans wants to keep, fix ObamaCare  (Read 1202 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Poll: Majority of Americans wants to keep, fix ObamaCare
« on: April 25, 2017, 12:09:22 pm »
Poll: Majority of Americans wants to keep, fix ObamaCare
By Brooke Seipel - 04/25/17 07:55 AM EDT

A majority of Americans wants lawmakers to keep and fix ObamaCare rather than replace it with a Republican alternative, according to a new poll.

The ABC/Washington Post poll found that 61 percent of voters want ObamaCare fixed instead of repealed and replaced.

Seventy-nine percent said President Trump should make ObamaCare work instead of letting it fail, as he has previously threatened.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/330361-poll-majority-of-americans-want-to-keep-fix-obamacare
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Suppressed

Re: Poll: Majority of Americans wants to keep, fix ObamaCare
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 12:35:01 pm »
The tone-deaf will ignore this.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 12:39:02 pm »
No, the first question is "Where was this study conducted?" followed by "What are the demographics of the group?", and trailed by "What political affiliations are present in what quantity?"

Of course, the way the questions were worded could make a difference, too.

Would you rather fix Obamacare or have poor helpless children dying in the street?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 02:10:23 pm »
They didn't want to keep it when Obama actually was President. Why the change?

It couldn't be that conservatives lost control of the message AGAIN, could it?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 02:15:05 pm »
I would really like to know how the "survey" was worded and at what time of day people were questioned.  It is a WaPo survey, after all, and that automatically makes it suspect. :pondering:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 02:16:25 pm »
Polls :3:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 02:17:58 pm »
First, the GOP doesn't have a replacement plan, so there was nothing for people being polled to support. Secondly WaPo and ABC have an agenda. They are radical Leftists.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2017, 02:32:14 pm »

Everyone should ignore it because it is based on a completely undefined premise - to "fix" Obamacare.  We have no idea what people even meant when they wanted to "fix" ObamaCare.  Absent specifics, the poll results tell us nothing of value.

What does "fix" mean?  Cover more people?  Make policies cheaper?  Lower co-pays and deductibles?  And all without raising taxes, presumably....

ObamaCare cannot be "fixed" without a massive infusion of taxpayer funds, and I'm betting that if they'd included that in the question, the poll results would have been quite different....

« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 02:32:45 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2017, 02:40:46 pm »
Everyone should ignore it because it is based on a completely undefined premise - to "fix" Obamacare.  We have no idea what people even meant when they wanted to "fix" ObamaCare.  Absent specifics, the poll results tell us nothing of value.

What does "fix" mean?  Cover more people?  Make policies cheaper?  Lower co-pays and deductibles?  And all without raising taxes, presumably....

ObamaCare cannot be "fixed" without a massive infusion of taxpayer funds, and I'm betting that if they'd included that in the question, the poll results would have been quite different....

Attempting to drive public opinions rather than measure them!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2017, 02:48:20 pm »

Of course, the way the questions were worded could make a difference, too.
Do you mean like "Do you want to fix the wrecked car that's lying upside down in the ditch or do you want a brand new car?"
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2017, 02:50:59 pm »
I would really like to know how the "survey" was worded and at what time of day people were questioned.  It is a WaPo survey, after all, and that automatically makes it suspect. :pondering:
Found it: "Partisan divisions are 31-24-36 percent, Democrats-Republicans-Independents".
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2017, 02:57:26 pm »
Not a bad thing. Keep the Obamacare name, scrap the whole damn thing. There, "fixed".

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2017, 03:00:29 pm »
Not a bad thing. Keep the Obamacare name, scrap the whole damn thing. There, "fixed".

When someone shows me the word or phrase in the Constitution which would allow the Federal government to become a purveyor of health insurance we can talk! Otherwise, it's a no go!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2017, 03:02:40 pm »

While the statists will find it politically convenient.

Either way its still yellow journalism.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 03:06:18 pm by skeeter »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2017, 03:05:35 pm »
When someone shows me the word or phrase in the Constitution which would allow the Federal government to become a purveyor of health insurance we can talk! Otherwise, it's a no go!

Go yell at John Roberts!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2017, 05:03:37 pm »
A majority of Americans wants lawmakers to keep and fix ObamaCare rather than replace it with a Republican alternative, according to a new poll.

The Republican alternative IS to keep and fix Obamacare.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2017, 09:33:41 pm »
Do you mean like "Do you want to fix the wrecked car that's lying upside down in the ditch or do you want a brand new car?"
More like: Do you want this fine jalopy which gets 7 miles to the gallon, can't drag it's own shadow on a sunny day, and changes its own oil (provided you add 5 quarts) every 300 miles with the included mosquito fogging option, or do you want to walk? Uphill. Barefoot. Through knee deep snow....

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2017, 09:36:34 pm »
Go yell at John Roberts!
The only reason to keep his name in the history books is so it can be treated on the same level as Benedict Arnold, imho.

C S Lewis

geronl

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2017, 09:51:17 pm »
I doubt it very much.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2017, 09:52:06 pm »
Now I thought a major reason Trump and the other Republicans were elected was because of their promise to REPEAL Obamacare.  So how can it be that, according to this poll, so many want to keep Obamacare? 

Not that it matters.   Looks like Trump and the others lied about repeal and are planning to keep Obamacare with a few cosmetic changes.

geronl

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2017, 10:47:58 pm »
Trump and Ryan have saved ObamaCare

should we congratulate them?

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2017, 10:50:04 pm »
Now I thought a major reason Trump and the other Republicans were elected was because of their promise to REPEAL Obamacare.  So how can it be that, according to this poll, so many want to keep Obamacare? 

Not that it matters.   Looks like Trump and the others lied about repeal and are planning to keep Obamacare with a few cosmetic changes.
The key words are "according to this poll"

All that need be done by the pollsters is to ask questions like "Should Obamacare be fixed, or should grandmas and little children be left to die on street corners?"

It's all in what is asked and how it is asked to push the results where the liberal newsters want them.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2017, 02:46:06 am »
Before one accepts the results of this poll, consider who commissioned it...