Author Topic: Boorish Trump Uses 9/11 as a Ratings Benchmark to Proclaim His Own Greatness  (Read 869 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Boorish Trump Uses 9/11 as a Ratings Benchmark to Proclaim His Own Greatness

Posted at 7:04 pm on April 24, 2017 by Jim Jamitis

TRUMP: It had 9.2 million people. It’s the highest they’ve ever had. On any, on air, (CBS “Face the Nation” host John) Dickerson had 5.2 million people. It’s the highest for “Face the Nation” or as I call it, “Deface the Nation.” It’s the highest for “Deface the Nation” since the World Trade Center. Since the World Trade Center came down. It’s a tremendous advantage.

http://www.redstate.com/jimjamitis/2017/04/24/boorish-trump-uses-911-ratings-benchmark-proclaim-greatness/

The reason I see huge foreign affairs blunders.  He didn't even realize...........
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online corbe

This is screwed up on so many levels, I know I'm gonna catch he11 for this, here but he does seem to throw 9/11 around rather casually, in the third debate he used it to counter Sen. Cruz's question about NY Values.
   flame away, but it sickens me.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline musiclady

This is screwed up on so many levels, I know I'm gonna catch he11 for this, here but he does seem to throw 9/11 around rather casually, in the third debate he used it to counter Sen. Cruz's question about NY Values.

No one should flame you for stating the obvious.

This is screwed up.....  **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Yes I remember that.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
No one should be surprised. Not just because of the lack of filter like your drunk uncle, but he really views 9/11 differently than most, going beyond flirting with 'trutherism'. http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2015/10/21/donald-trump-becomes-blatant-911-truther/

Online corbe

I've been catching a lot of Flak about what is perceived as my hatred for the Man lately (there is no substantiation to these rumours, I promise you).
   He has done a few significant things that are admirable and that is a gift for which I am appreciative of, totally unexpected (there's that word again) but there are some things I can't even try to paste over and his whole NY persona just puts sand in the Vaseline for this Texan.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

No one should be surprised. Not just because of the lack of filter like your drunk uncle, but he really views 9/11 differently than most, going beyond flirting with 'trutherism'. http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2015/10/21/donald-trump-becomes-blatant-911-truther/

No surprise.  He and his good buddy Jesse Ventura and their conspiracy theories.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1577238/

Offline Frank Cannon

Don’t you just pity whomever has to transcribe these interviews?

I'm sure it is a lot more fun than some unemployed mechanical engineer turned political pundit, eh Jim?

BTW Jim, no one gives a shit about a bragging Trump. If the did Hitlary would be giving these interviews and not Donny.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I know I'm gonna catch he11 for this, here but he does seem to throw 9/11 around rather casually, in the third debate he used it to counter Sen. Cruz's question about NY Values.

Actually @corbe, candidate Trump was not "throwing 9/11 around casually" ... he was referring to the quality of the first responders and the way every day New Yorkers pitched in and helped each other ... even without the cameras rolling.  This whole event brought out the best of New York values ... it was and remains one of  New York's finest hours.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 04:53:49 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline endicom

Actually @corbe, candidate Trump was not "throwing 9/11 around casually" ... he was referring to the quality of the first responders and the way every day New Yorkers pitched in and helped each other ... even without the cameras rolling.  This whole event brought out the best of New York values ... it was and remains one of  New York's finest hours.

That's common in NYC. People who will help will usually just do it and then go on their way.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Idiots on this forum would defend Trump for things that they would excoriate Obama for.

Total hypocrites.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
One would think that the OP...who claims to have such a high IQ...would know that the first word being "BOORISH", that his is an EDITORIAL/OPINION piece and not POLITICS   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Also, Red State is strict in whom it allows to comment, it is not a situation where you have your twitter or facebook account and may respond. Yes, the titling of the articles pushes it to the editorial section.