Author Topic: Trump’s wall jams GOP in shutdown talks  (Read 908 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump’s wall jams GOP in shutdown talks
« on: April 25, 2017, 12:19:49 am »
Trump’s wall jams GOP in shutdown talks
By Scott Wong and Jordan Fabian - 04/24/17 07:35 PM EDT

No one is predicting a government shutdown at the end of the week, but few can say exactly how Republicans will get out of their latest jam.

Top White House officials are insisting the government-funding bill include billions for President Trump’s “great wall” along the U.S.-Mexico border.

But it’s unclear how far they’re willing to push the matter: The federal government will shut down early Saturday morning unless negotiators strike a bipartisan deal to keep the lights on.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/330330-trumps-wall-jams-gop-in-shutdown-talks
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Trump’s wall jams GOP in shutdown talks
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 12:41:19 am »
There were lots of articles on the effects of a govt shutdown back in 2013. He is one of them: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2013/09/30/absolutely-everything-you-need-to-know-about-how-the-government-shutdown-will-work/

geronl

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 12:50:25 am »
Shut it down.

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 01:13:16 am »
    Trump's Administration is totally hijacking the Budget Process from Ryan, just as they did the Repeal of AHCA, it will be a CF, just like the aforementioned.
    The 2015 Repeal Bill was ready, what happened/changed, you do the math.
    Reince is a Failure, and keeps proving it every Legislative initiative.   
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 01:44:36 am »
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 01:45:24 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 01:47:21 am »
    Trump's Administration is totally hijacking the Budget Process from Ryan, just as they did the Repeal of AHCA, it will be a CF, just like the aforementioned.
    The 2015 Repeal Bill was ready, what happened/changed, you do the math.
    Reince is a Failure, and keeps proving it every Legislative initiative.

Americans voted for the wall.  Although Trump said that Mexico would pay for it.  Obviously Mexico is not going to pay.  Will a new wall reduce illegal immigration?  Will it be tunnel proof?  If it is going to do the job then we need to fund it.

I have absolutely had it with government on both sides of the isle who pander to illegal immigrants.  These people live in the United States as though they are citizens.  They have special tax id's.  Pay SS taxes.  Buy homes, businesses and cars.  They anchor themselves here with the help of our government.  And the tax payer is the one who provides health, dental, cash assistance.  Not to mention the costs of educating illegal immigrant children.  Prison...........etc.  We could get statistics for each state.  It is costly.

statistics from 2013.  You know that the numbers are much larger now.

http://www.fairus.org/publications/the-fiscal-burden-of-illegal-immigration-on-united-states-taxpayers

« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 02:01:11 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 02:00:54 am »
   The Wall was authorized year ago, Congress took the money to dumb down the kids further and build bicycle paths, To derail an already fragile budget process over this is ludicrous and not to be understated-Immigration is already down close to 70%, give Ryan time and he'll have the Wall money toward the end of the year, Overload him so someone can get a check in the WIN column will have the same disastrous results as the Repeal, a CF.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2017, 02:06:44 am »
   The Wall was authorized year ago, Congress took the money to dumb down the kids further and build bicycle paths, To derail an already fragile budget process over this is ludicrous and not to be understated-Immigration is already down close to 70%, give Ryan time and he'll have the Wall money toward the end of the year, Overload him so someone can get a check in the WIN column will have the same disastrous results as the Repeal, a CF.

Well I hear your argument.  I thought the same thing about Trump care.  That he pushed it to get a check in the win column.  But holding off on the wall is going to hurt Republicans.  Americans will hold their feet to the fire on this issue.

Offline corbe

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2017, 02:17:24 am »
   I wanted the Wall before it became Trump's #1 Campaign Issue, but to sabotage the possibility of the only Budget we've had in at least 10 years over something that just fulfills another pledge, in spite of the already drastic reduction in Illegal Immigration in the last 4 months will prove it's just about another check in the right column.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2017, 02:17:51 am »
Americans voted for the wall.  Although Trump said that Mexico would pay for it.  Obviously Mexico is not going to pay.  Will a new wall reduce illegal immigration?  Will it be tunnel proof?  If it is going to do the job then we need to fund it.

The "wall" is what boosted Trump's presidential campaign.  That was the #1 issue why his supporters rallied around him.  He cannot back down on that issue.  Problem is obviously $.  There are many DEMS and RINO's that will refuse to vote to fund it; hoping to sink his presidency. It will be interesting to see what happens .. I say...if Congress doesn't budge...then shut the government down.

Yes it will reduce illegal immigration; a physical barrier is not only a deterrent but sends a clear message; DO NOT ENTER! As for being tunnel proof?  I'm not sure of the answer, though I have read that the wall will be similar to the one in Israel. IMHO erecting a sufficient barrier at the border is long, long overdue.  It is what the American people want, it's what they voted on and this is what they should finally get; security.

Just a note; security fears and a widespread refusal to help migrants and refugees have fuelled a new spate of wall-building across the world, with a third of the world's countries constructing them along their borders.

Today, there are 65 either completed or under construction, according to Quebec University expert Elisabeth Vallet.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3205724/How-65-countries-erected-security-walls-borders.html#ixzz4fDvJxeKv

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2017, 03:58:47 am »
The "wall" is what boosted Trump's presidential campaign.  That was the #1 issue why his supporters rallied around him.  He cannot back down on that issue.  Problem is obviously $.  There are many DEMS and RINO's that will refuse to vote to fund it; hoping to sink his presidency. It will be interesting to see what happens .. I say...if Congress doesn't budge...then shut the government down.

Yes it will reduce illegal immigration; a physical barrier is not only a deterrent but sends a clear message; DO NOT ENTER! As for being tunnel proof?  I'm not sure of the answer, though I have read that the wall will be similar to the one in Israel. IMHO erecting a sufficient barrier at the border is long, long overdue.  It is what the American people want, it's what they voted on and this is what they should finally get; security.

Just a note; security fears and a widespread refusal to help migrants and refugees have fuelled a new spate of wall-building across the world, with a third of the world's countries constructing them along their borders.

Today, there are 65 either completed or under construction, according to Quebec University expert Elisabeth Vallet.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3205724/How-65-countries-erected-security-walls-borders.html#ixzz4fDvJxeKv

I agree it is one campaign promise that people are going to hold him to.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2017, 07:24:33 pm »
Shut it down.

H#ll Yes!

"The only time a man's life, liberty and property are safe is when the Legislature's not in session."

Mark Twain
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2017, 07:31:28 pm »
Shut it down.

:amen: And leave it down long enough for people to realize their lives won't end without it!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien